Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Abit KN9 Ultra AM3 support Request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Tigerfox, that is in no way a silly question because I don't. Is there a copy you can send me?

Cross your fingers, here's the new hot release: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1525839/Bios/K9NCPU3.BIN

TheWiz
Hello TheWiz! Just tested K9NCPU3.BIN. It is no different from K9NCPU2.BIN and firmware from the GA-M55S-S3. Сan you transfer support for USB, and audio (maybe smartfan and sensors support) from the firmware for KN9-S/KN9-Ultra/KN9-Sli?
It's a shame that without the proper BIOS, this motherboard is just a useless set of electronic components.
That's really wierd you got those results, as I literally ported all of the ACPItl settings into the bios

My next mve is, to go crazy Tongue There is no specific module for USB or audio, I cant really pick and choose ya know.

Thanks for testing,
TheWiz
Of course I can send it to you but I need your mail for that Wink I hope it can help you.
There will be more firmware files? Yesterday I tried to flash the BIOS firmware from Gigabyte GA-M56S-S3. It has the same Super I/O as in KN9-S (w83627ehg) but the motherboard does not work. If the firmware files will no longer, I'll throw this motherboard in the trash :-(
Well, give him time. I just send him AMD's BIOS developers guide an I hope it helps. And don't throw the board away yet, since only you have a AthlonII available. I wouldn't buy one just for testing until I see a real chance for a BIOS working.
With moving servers and building my own server at home, I have been extremely busy. trust me though, I have been working on new ROMs for this and should have 2 new one's to test soon.

TheWiz
Yesterday I wrote to the IRC to the coreboot developers. They also can not help. Advised me to write a patch. I told them that I am not a programmer, and was told that somewhere within six months they will patch coreboot to support my motherboard.
I'm sick of experimenting with the motherboard. Probably throw it in the trash ...
Oh please don't do that, otherwise I'd have to biy an Athlon II for testing myself and that'd be risky if it really doesn't work. Since you already took that risk it'd be a shame if you let it go to waste.
I am working as best as I can to fix this, but if you are convinced on throwing out your board, please I would much rather have you ship it to me so that we cans tart supporting these kindof boards, but if you just throw it out, no one can continue adding support for it. Please, either keep it and wait, or donate it to the cause so we can get something working. I am hacking original.tmp in hopes I can get it to fire.

TheWiz
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17