Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Abit KN9 Ultra AM3 support Request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
For Abit BIOSes to support new CPUs usually you must to do:
1. Fix BootBlock (add steppings of new CPUs)
2. Fix original.tmp (add steppings+Name string)
3. Add new CPUcodes
4. Add new AMD!GESA

Warning: In last BIOSes usually CPUcodes must be uncompressed (becose they used in BootBlock) and placed on fixed adresses (therefore cbrom may be not correct work).
Hey apple_rom,

I have gotten CBROm to behave with NCPUCODE.BIN. If you make the NCPUCODE file read only it, it will reinsert in the correct address, and extraction is quite similar with CBROM. My major question is, how is it possible for this to work without MEMINIT.BIN. Isn't some of the Phenom HT and memory calls in that module.

TheWiz (Please check your PM)
I threw this Ship in the trash! ABIT - Rest in peace! I do not need more of such garbage! I killed a lot of time on this ugly motherboard, and without achieving any results! All thanks for the simulation work done!
What a shame. Considering most of the modded BIOS TheWiz made based oon the original ABIT BIOS worked fine with a K8 but won't boot with a K10, I'm not sure if I would buy even a cheap Athlon II for testing.
That limits our chances a great deal...
Denbabkin,

Was it so much to donate it to the forums so we could actually get w working BIOS. Wasting hardware is a shame.

TheWiz
Don't panic!. I was in a bad mood. At the last moment I changed my mind to throw out the motherboard. The board continues to work, now with an Athlon II 240. By the way, found another bug when working with the firmware from the GA-M55S-S3 ... Flashing Bios with errors! Now write down the bios for abit on ecs 865gv-m3! Waiting for fresh files for flashing!
P.S. How about coreboot instead bios? MCP55 and W83627EHF available in the list of supported chipsets. If you add SeaBIOS payload then Windows will load without problems.
Apple ROm and I are rewriting the Abit BIOS, and we should have a completly stable version soon.

TheWiz (Coreboot is a configuration pian sometimes)
(02-26-2010, 09:42 AM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]...
TheWiz (Coreboot is a configuration pian sometimes)
Les mêmes ici...
I'm giving coreboot also a try...
Just wanted to update you that apple_rom and I are still working on this, and hopefully will have a happy resolution soon.

TheWiz
All dead or what?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17