Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) Whitelist Removal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I have a Yoga 2 Pro 20266 with bios 73CN43WW and want to install the 7260NGW. Can I get the instructions too?
Hello,
My Yoga pro 2 is still alive and kicking Smile Is it possible to get instructions on how to remove the white list? Current bios version is 73CN43WW.
Hi Dudu2002,
I also have Yoga 2 Pro, bios 73CN43WW and wifi card 7260NGW.
Could you please help me with removing the whitelist?
I suppose I should make the bios dump, but I couldn't find the tool to do it.
Hi,
I have a yoga pro 2. My bios is 76CN43WW. The card I wanted to install is a Intel AC8265. Please can I get some help to remove the whitelist? 
Thanks for looking.
(06-20-2018, 02:57 PM)billybob2uk Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
I have a yoga pro 2. My bios is 76CN43WW. The card I wanted to install is a Intel AC8265. Please can I get some help to remove the whitelist? 
Thanks for looking.
Hi
Your mod completed.
Check your PM

This mod for this notebook ONLY !!!
(06-20-2018, 03:04 PM)Dudu2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-20-2018, 02:57 PM)billybob2uk Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
Thanks for looking.
Hi
Your mod completed.
Check your PM

This worked for me. Thank you so much!
Hi,

Please help to remove the whitelist, I want to use 7260 ac wifi card
BIOS version 76CN43WW
BIOS dump: http://rgho.st/6xYygX7w6
I tried to unlock advanced bios setting (to remove bios write protect) using ubuntu 14.04 but stuck at file permission error. Root user cannot save file or change permission.
Thank you.
(06-22-2018, 01:32 AM)ab.chr Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Please help to remove the whitelist, I want to use 7260 ac wifi card
BIOS version 76CN43WW
I tried to unlock advanced bios setting (to remove bios write protect) using ubuntu 14.04 but stuck at file permission error. Root user cannot save file or change permission.
Thank you.
Hi
Your mod completed.
Check your messages

Hi,

Like so many others here, I have a Yoga 2 Pro (20266) with bios 73CN43WW.
I'd like to install an Intel Wireless-Ac 9260, but that idiotic whitelist is preventing that.

Please assist me with instructions as to what needs to be done to get this thing unlocked.
P.S. I run Linux and do not have Windows on my PC. Will I have to put Windows back on it?
You're awesome, sir.
Thank you.

I'm writing this on the laptop in question with my Intel Wireless-AC 9260 installed. (a worthy upgrade)

I'm want to let everyone know that Dudu2002 did an excellent job. Not only did he remove the whitelist, but also unlocked the advanced menu. That aside, this is definitely my own bios I got back - with other settings (and passwords) untouched.
Flashing was quick and easy using the tools and instructions he provided.

With the new WiFi card and a 1TB SSD, I'll be adding a few years to this laptop's useful life.