Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: gateway LX-6810
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I just picked up a Gateway LX 6810
it has AMI Bios R01-A1C0
I would like to be able to turn RAID off...
I am trying to add a second drive and I don't want RAID...
Any Ideas??

Thanks

Jerry
Idea Number 1 : Post a bios link for us! Tongue

Admin
I am not sure how to post a bios link...
Here is what I know...

My computer

BIOS Type: Gateway
BIOS ID: R01-A1C0
BIOS Date: 20090717
BIOS Vendor: American Megatrends Inc.
BIOS Version: R01-A1C0
BIOS Size: 1048576
Motherboard Name: Gateway
Motherboard Model: LX6810-01
System Name: Gateway
Base Manufacturer: Gateway
Base Product: FMCP7AM

Acer Aspire M3710_M5711_M7711
appears to be same motherboard with different bios.

Thanks
Jerry
(01-17-2010, 01:41 AM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]Idea Number 1 : Post a bios link for us! Tongue

Admin

Here you go:

-Manufacturer: Gateway
-Model: LX6810
-Motherboard: Gateway FMCP7AM (From CPU-Z 1.53)
-Bios revision: 722
-Bios Type: AMI BIOS
-Bios Download Link: ftp://esupport:vImvF88@ftp.gateway.c...0_BIOS_722.zip
-Source of Bios Download Link: http://support.gateway.com/support/d...&uid=240747163

-Bios rev. 722 w/ Acer SLIC updated to 2.1: http://slics.myftp...LX6810_BIOS_722_ACER_SLIC_2.1_SLP.rar

It would be nice to have an unlocked bios with slic 2.1 (that would make it the swiss army knife of all lx6810 bios). But if you think you shouldn't mod the one with the updated SLIC then just forget about the modded slic 2.1 bios.

Ohh and one more thing... It seems that this bios revision increases the CPU fan speed (from 1400 RPM to 3250 RPM) and according to postings in other forums (like this one) it makes the computer really loud. This is not needed if you install case fans in the front and back. So could you also unlock the Fan Speed Settings if possible? (Or just unlock as much as you can! Tongue)

Thanks in Advance! Smile
Hello

The only hidden options are a couple more temperature and fan readings in the PC Health menu. It has already been proven that editing these menus greatly improves the failure rate of flashing these bioses so we didnt bother unlocking them (you cant change them anyway , they are not editable settings)

However , we have modded this for SLIC 2.1 Big Grin

Here you go , i used Acer 2.1 SLIC + Certificate Included:-

1. Copy and paste ******.XRM-MS certificate file into C-Drive.

2. After pasting this file into C-Drive, go to START - ALL PROGRAMS - ACCESSORIES - COMMAND PROMPT. Right click on Command Prompt and RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.

3. When Command Prompt opens, type at the prompt: slmgr.vbs -ilc c:\********.xrm-ms and hit the Enter Button. Wait for the Script Host to answer you with a message that the license was installed successfully....this could take a few minutes and so be patient.

4. After receiving the message that the license was installed successfully, type at the command prompt:

slmgr.vbs -ipk *****-*****-*****-*****-***** (Replace with any OEM SLP Product Key for your installed version of Windows 7 , they are not hard to find).Be Patient and wait for the message to say that the Product Key was sucessfully installed. After it says successfully installed, reboot the computer.

5. When you are back at your desktop, go to START - COMPUTER - right click on Computer and choose PROPERTIES and see if it is activated with an OEM product ID.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/Gateway%2...34s282.zip

Flash at your own risk!

Please Report Back With Whether It Worked Or Not!

Please Consider A Small Donation As A "Thank You" If You Are Happy With Our Work

Regards
Admin
Thanks, I tried the ACER SLC and it didn't change.
Thanks for your help
Jerry
(02-07-2010, 04:06 PM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello

The only hidden options are a couple more temperature and fan readings in the PC Health menu. It has already been proven that editing these menus greatly improves the failure rate of flashing these bioses so we didnt bother unlocking them (you cant change them anyway , they are not editable settings)

However , we have modded this for SLIC 2.1 Big Grin

Here you go , i used Acer 2.1 SLIC + Certificate Included:-

1. Copy and paste ******.XRM-MS certificate file into C-Drive.

2. After pasting this file into C-Drive, go to START - ALL PROGRAMS - ACCESSORIES - COMMAND PROMPT. Right click on Command Prompt and RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.

3. When Command Prompt opens, type at the prompt: slmgr.vbs -ilc c:\********.xrm-ms and hit the Enter Button. Wait for the Script Host to answer you with a message that the license was installed successfully....this could take a few minutes and so be patient.

4. After receiving the message that the license was installed successfully, type at the command prompt:

slmgr.vbs -ipk *****-*****-*****-*****-***** (Replace with any OEM SLP Product Key for your installed version of Windows 7 , they are not hard to find).Be Patient and wait for the message to say that the Product Key was sucessfully installed. After it says successfully installed, reboot the computer.

5. When you are back at your desktop, go to START - COMPUTER - right click on Computer and choose PROPERTIES and see if it is activated with an OEM product ID.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/Gateway%2...34s282.zip

Flash at your own risk!

Please Report Back With Whether It Worked Or Not!

Please Consider A Small Donation As A "Thank You" If You Are Happy With Our Work

Regards
Admin
Please post all 4 screenshots from this tool

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/SLIC_Dump_ToolKit.EXE

Thanks
Admin
Quote:The only hidden options are a couple more temperature and fan readings in the PC Health menu. It has already been proven that editing these menus greatly improves the failure rate of flashing these bioses so we didnt bother unlocking them (you cant change them anyway , they are not editable settings)

Hi! I am jumping into this thread because I have this LX6810-01 Gateway machine. I have been trying to find a solution to a problem in the BIOS (exact same BIOS file as link posted earlier). This may not be a "hidden" option but it is "grayed out". I am trying to change the SATA mode to AHCI or IDE. AS IS, the BIOS is "locked" into RAID mode and there is only ONE HDD which is SATA. I am trying to install XP and even with drivers on a floppy it won't see the HDD.

This has been fascinating but CAN THIS BIOS be modded to change the SATA mode? (I tried to do it but I don't know enough Rolleyes ) THANKS!
(03-31-2010, 06:33 AM)FireGirl Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:The only hidden options are a couple more temperature and fan readings in the PC Health menu. It has already been proven that editing these menus greatly improves the failure rate of flashing these bioses so we didnt bother unlocking them (you cant change them anyway , they are not editable settings)

Hi! I am jumping into this thread because I have this LX6810-01 Gateway machine. I have been trying to find a solution to a problem in the BIOS (exact same BIOS file as link posted earlier). This may not be a "hidden" option but it is "grayed out". I am trying to change the SATA mode to AHCI or IDE. AS IS, the BIOS is "locked" into RAID mode and there is only ONE HDD which is SATA. I am trying to install XP and even with drivers on a floppy it won't see the HDD.

This has been fascinating but CAN THIS BIOS be modded to change the SATA mode? (I tried to do it but I don't know enough Rolleyes ) THANKS!

Its possible for us to change the defaults if thats what you mean? What would you like it setting to and where abouts can we dfind the option in the bios?

Regards
Admin
Quote:Its possible for us to change the defaults if thats what you mean? What would you like it setting to and where abouts can we dfind the option in the bios?

Regards
Admin

The option to CHANGE the setting is disabled or "grayed out." In Setup under INTEGRATED PERIPHERALS Onboard SATA mode can't be changed and it is set to RAID MODE. The SATA HDD is seen ias RAID but there is only one SATA Hdd and a SATA disk drive.

The SATA HDD should not be detected as RAID and that's what I want to change.

Also, I tried to flash your modded bios from DOS but the file couldn't be opened. I don't know what that means.

Thanks for your help - I hope this is the right info Dodgy
Pages: 1 2 3