Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] unlock hp g42-366tx insydeh20 f.36
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys can you please unlock my bios

Manufacturer and Model: HP G42-366tx
Bios Rev: 3.5
Bios Version : f.36
Bios Type : Insyde
Bios Link :http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp52001-52500/sp52459.exe
Nice job posting in the right section lol Tongue

Here you go. Just run InsydeFlash.exe to flash the modded bios rom. There was no simple way to unlock a tab, so I just replaced the Diagnostics tab with the Advanced tab.

I was kinda supirsed because that installer has 3 different bios roms that correspond to different size bios chips. Never seen that before. Didn't know which size chip you had, so I just modded all 3 Big Grin

Also, eventhough it's not required, I always appreciate donations. Reverse engineering and modifying software isn't very easy.
(01-07-2014, 03:01 AM)donovan6000 Wrote: [ -> ]Nice job posting in the right section lol Tongue

Here you go. Just run InsydeFlash.exe to flash the modded bios rom. There was no simple way to unlock a tab, so I just replaced the Diagnostics tab with the Advanced tab.

I was kinda supirsed because that installer has 3 different bios roms that correspond to different size bios chips. Never seen that before. Didn't know which size chip you had, so I just modded all 3 Big Grin

Also, eventhough it's not required, I always appreciate donations. Reverse engineering and modifying software isn't very easy.

hi thank you for your help and yes i will donate because i benefit from it Smile please let me know how as i am living here in the philippines.

one more thing how do i check for the size of the chip i have?? please enlighten me.