Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Flashing Older Bios on EliteBook 8460p
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I screwed up on this one.

Out of curiosity I put some DDR3-1600mhz SO-DIMM's I had lying around in the new Elitebook 8460p I just aquired, and low and behold it worked at 800mhz. I was rightly surprised and delighted. Ok I thought, the BIOS is at F.04 and F42 is out.

LOL, obviously needs an upgrade right? Ugh, this new F42 bios limits my RAM speed to 1333mhz now. I am pretty pissed off about that, mannn....

Is there a way to flash a lower bios revision on these things short of a hardware programmer?

I tried a so called modded version of eRompaq and it said it failed to flash the ROM to the device.

Any ideas? I would REALLY like my 1600mhz RAM back. This is bullcrap.

Thanks in advance!!
(01-15-2014, 08:11 AM)nexxusty Wrote: [ -> ]I screwed up on this one.

Out of curiosity I put some DDR3-1600mhz SO-DIMM's I had lying around in the new Elitebook 8460p I just aquired, and low and behold it worked at 800mhz. I was rightly surprised and delighted. Ok I thought, the BIOS is at F.04 and F42 is out.

LOL, obviously needs an upgrade right? Ugh, this new F42 bios limits my RAM speed to 1333mhz now. I am pretty pissed off about that, mannn....

Is there a way to flash a lower bios revision on these things short of a hardware programmer?

I tried a so called modded version of eRompaq and it said it failed to flash the ROM to the device.

Any ideas? I would REALLY like my 1600mhz RAM back. This is bullcrap.

Thanks in advance!!

What happens when you try to flash an older version?