Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Deleted Partition Recovery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All

A few days ago i created a new partition on my external hdd that I was going to install OSX (Hackintosh) onto. OSX installed correctly but it kept giving me boot0:error so i thought it might of been the fact that the 20gb partition was a logical mbr. So i changed it and it still gave me the same problem

After that i tried formatting the partition with disk utility and it gave me a error (which i neglected to write down) which resulted in all partitions on the disk being corrupted/deleted. This is what is shown when i connect the disk to Acronis Disk Director

Disk 2 (MBR)
'Local Volume' | 910.5GB | | Primary MBR | Not Formatted | Healthy
Unallocated | 931.5GB |

I tried running Acronis Recovery Expert and it was able to detect that i had 2 deleted partitions but the thing is it took 5 hours just to be able to continue to the next step, during this time the indicator light on the hdd never stops blinking. But when i click on next the RecoveryExpert program crashes.

I have tried EaseUS and Minitool Partition Recovery but when i try and open the program with the hdd plugged in, the program stays at the loading screen and it never opens while the indicator light keeps blinking. I also tried running the hdd through testdisk on Ubuntu but the program idles at the disk selection screen after i select proceed and the indicator light also keeps blinking

The external harddrive is a WD Elements 1TB and i only got it a month ago. Please help i have so much important data on there and im about to cry because ive tried everything

Thanks
I'd recommend using UFS's recovery software. It's always worked great for me.