Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: M2NPV-VM to support Phenom II & Athlon II?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Yes it does. You mean that I can run AWDflash outta the recovery cd right?
Won't work if I mess up the boot block.

Have used it once or twice when I was in a spot.

What bios do you recommend for the crossflash?
Tried again with the M2N-SLI-Deluxe-5001 BIOS.. This time also added the ACPITBL.BIN module from it.
Still no joy.
I didn't get the BSOD for the corrupted ACPI tables now but I cudn't get into windows as the bootscreen hangs when the giveio.sys driver is being initialized.
Possible problem powering my usb drive?
Did you try using the M2N_SLI-Deluxe , then import your LAN?VGA?RAID Roms back in?
You mean crossflash? nope.
I found that another guy named NightForce had found a workaround for the ACPI problem by patching the ACPI tables from the Crosshair 1207 BIOS and adding the MINIT rom from the same.
I don't have those patched ACPI tables yet but I am optimistic that I may get them.

In the meantime, I have updated the following modules for making a release:

- NVRAID.rom(6.50) --> NVRAID.rom from Abit NF-M2 nView(ver. 6.55)

- C51PV0.rom(11/28/05 ver. 5.51.22.33.07) --> C51PV0.rom(08/04/06 ver. 5.51.28.45.79) from Abit NF-M2 nView (both are nForce 430 AM2 mobos)

- EZFLASH B329 --> EZFLASH B330 from ASUS Crosshair

- The IGP (C51PV0.rom) has been overclocked to 550 Mhz from the default 475 Mhz.

http://downloads.erodov.com/a/s/u/ASUS%2...401_FR.zip

I recommend that this one be used for further modding Smile

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/2848/20...153048.png

Tested on my current rig and I am using the same
Nice work dude! A. I love the upgrades and B. you are golden if you get MEMINIT integrated into your bios, because then the aesa from either the crossfire orn the M2N will work. By any chance see if you can find out what is hacked in the ACPITBL to use MEMINIT.

Good Work!
TheWiz
(05-31-2010, 07:43 AM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Nice work dude! A. I love the upgrades and B. you are golden if you get MEMINIT integrated into your bios, because then the aesa from either the crossfire orn the M2N will work. By any chance see if you can find out what is hacked in the ACPITBL to use MEMINIT.

Good Work!
TheWiz

Have we had any success on this front yet? I have 3 M2NPV-VM's around here and a shiny new 45nm 5000+ (assumed support with 3 iterations of the 5000+ on the support list Dodgy ) eagerly awaiting a result here.

Happy to test any new versions: plenty of expendable boards.
(06-14-2010, 02:49 AM)Benzyl Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-31-2010, 07:43 AM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Nice work dude! A. I love the upgrades and B. you are golden if you get MEMINIT integrated into your bios, because then the aesa from either the crossfire orn the M2N will work. By any chance see if you can find out what is hacked in the ACPITBL to use MEMINIT.

Good Work!
TheWiz

Have we had any success on this front yet? I have 3 M2NPV-VM's around here and a shiny new 45nm 5000+ (assumed support with 3 iterations of the 5000+ on the support list Dodgy ) eagerly awaiting a result here.

What CPu do you have then if it still doesnt support? It supports all Athlon 64 5000+ unless you have something else?

Admin
We are also making a new release for the M2N-SLI-DELUXE, so we should start hosting all of the ROMs.
(06-14-2010, 05:28 AM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-14-2010, 02:49 AM)Benzyl Wrote: [ -> ]

Good Work!
TheWiz

What CPu do you have then if it still doesnt support? It supports all Athlon 64 5000+ unless you have something else?

Admin

Currently running Windsor 5600+ (90nm, 89W TDP etc..)
Bought this assuming compatibility:
http://products.amd.com/en-us/DesktopCPU...spx?id=607
Didn't note the "socket AM2+", it was only a $49 risk however. Futher research concludes its a Deneb based chip that still contains the unlockable extra two cores and the L3 Cache. ($50 Phenom II 940 with a SB710 or 750 Angry )
Not expecting an unlock support obviously, but it should run a whole heap better efficently and overclock a heap better compared to the ol' 90nm behemoth.
Well i found another board that has mega support for AM3 / AM2+ / AM2 all the way up to Phenom X4. Ive replaced the AGESA module and imported all the microcodes from this bios into the latest bios for the M2NPV-VM (1401).

Flash at your own risk!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/Asus%20M2...34s282.zip

Best of Luck!

Regards
Admin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12