Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: ECS GF7100PVT-M3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, everyone!
I have a rather strange question to ask you. I am currently using an ECS GF7100PVT-M3 motherboard with the latest BIOS currently installed.
It can be found here:
http://www.ecsusa.com/ECSWebSite/Product...tailid=853&CategoryID=1&DetailName=Bios&MenuID=52&LanID=9
Now comes the strange bit. I would like to know if it is possible to mod my BIOS so that it will work with a Teac FD-505 combo floppy drive. It has both a 3.5 inch and 5.25 inch floppy drive built into it. I know. Who would bother with floppy disks in this day and age? Well, I need to recover some old files, so yeah. I would! Tongue
I am pretty sure that I could get it working if I could enable the Drive B option in my BIOS. Is it possible to do this?
Regards,
Firefox
Sorry to inform you, but there is no hidden second FDD option in the BIOS. My guess is the chipset is limited to supporting only one FDD.
Oh, well. Thank you for looking into it for me. Most motherboards today probably don't support more than one floppy drive. I had a hard enough time finding one that was compatible with 5.25 inch floppies.