Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Can someone help me with some hacking? lol
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to unlock my bios so I've looked and looked and am still not sure what to do because I cant find the exact bios update I need to unlock it and I don't want to brick it, its got a [censored] amd 4850e dual core cpu in it woot!! the bios is Phoenix-AwardBIOS, prod # NC890AA-ABA, Model # a6803w, BIOS revision v5.38(03/20/2009), Core version 6.0, and M2N68-LA mobo, the only thing is I don't know which of these #/Id's matter when going about hacking the bios. All help and or Walkthroughs would be much appreciated because I just love to learn about this stuff. THANKS!! and yes I know I gave extra info but it cant hurt to be positive
(03-03-2014, 11:21 AM)lemonlarry Wrote: [ -> ]I want to unlock my bios so I've looked and looked and am still not sure what to do because I cant find the exact bios update I need to unlock it and I don't want to brick it, its got a [censored] amd 4850e dual core cpu in it woot!! the bios is Phoenix-AwardBIOS, prod # NC890AA-ABA, Model # a6803w, BIOS revision v5.38(03/20/2009), Core version 6.0, and M2N68-LA mobo, the only thing is I don't know which of these #/Id's matter when going about hacking the bios. All help and or Walkthroughs would be much appreciated because I just love to learn about this stuff. THANKS!! and yes I know I gave extra info but it cant hurt to be positive

I don't follow Award and Ami bioses so in Insyde I can help You, but with these not.
I can only say that HP are all RSA signed and only old ones are moddable wilthout a semibrick.
To check if a modded bios is compatible or not with yours, to check it You have to get original bios for your laptop then original for the other laptop for which was written the mod and do an hex compare ( I use hexWorkshop) if both bioses are the same You can do update to mod file !

E.g. Acer Aspire E1-532/E1-570/E1-570G/E1-572/E1-572G, Travelmate P255-M; Gateway NE570/NE572; Packard Bell EasyNote TE69CX/TE69HW
MoBo : DC02001OH10 (eDP) - Compal V5WT2/Z5WE1/Z5WT1

All this laptop have the same MoBo and condivide same Bios (manufacrurers name is different, but the core is equal).
You can try to download same realese of bios 1.10 Acer 1.10 Packard Bell and You will see that they are using the same bios !
regards
Its a hp pavilion desktop a6803w model, I don't really know what you are saying, but if someone could check it out for me that would be awesome! I don't really know what to look for or how to go about unlocking my bios but I want to just to get a little more juice outta my cpu since it doesn't get hot at all