Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP A8M2N-LA (Naos) Phenom / Phenom II support request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Although I've read a couple of his post, I wasn't aware that apple_rom was putting support into my specific board. That'd just be awesome
EDIT: Woops, I put this all in the wrong thread. It was intentioned for the abit thread.

TheWiz
The flash worked okay on the original processor, but the brisbane is still no go.
Hmmmm interesting. I am working on this and the Abit board very hard now, so don't give up yet Big Grin

TheWiz
just wanted to touch base with you to see if you've figured anything out. We have about 20 days before we can no longer return that 5600+.
OK, I will definitely have an answer within that amount of time, still thinking of some things.

TheWiz
Ok, I want to pull my hair out.

Accoring to the comments on this page { http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/mb-ASUS/A8M2N-LA.html }, many people are getting the Brisbane processors, including the 5600+ we have, to work with a BIOS updtate to 3.10. But I've tried 3.00, 3.00 modded (by you), 3.10, and 5.07 with no luck whatsoever. It just sits there beeping at me.
Try clearing CMOS< I have proccessors that don't work until the CMOS gets cleared.

TheWiz (Which wld explain why my upgrade failed)
(02-26-2010, 09:40 AM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Try clearing CMOS< I have proccessors that don't work until the CMOS gets cleared.

TheWiz (Which wld explain why my upgrade failed)

Yeah, I cleared it several times.

Turns out that it doesn't like having two stick of memory in when it boots up. A single stick in slot one it'll work just fine. They're 1GB DDR2-667 single sided modules, so that may or may not have something to do with it.
I have an older HP board made by Asus, a8m2n-la, that supports up to Athlon 64x2 5000+ cpu and was curious if it is possible to mod the bios, which I have already modded for SLIC 2.1 succesfully, in order to support, for instance, Athlon 64x2 5400+ black edition or higher. If that is possible is it also possible to add support for more RAM as it is supposedly capped at 4GB according to HP documentation. This particular board has 4 DDR2 Dimms as compared to other revisions which only have 2 Dimms installed. The link to the original unaltered bios is ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software9/C...p35159.exe. Please let me know if this is possible.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7