Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Lenovo Y570 boot slow and freezes in windows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi my situation is next: The Whitelist for Lenovo Y570 is removed by mod Camilo and Sovem, v.2.06 and some other chines guys (2.10 and 2.12) Thanks for them!

But Laptop became boot too slow (also folders in windows open too slow (near 2 seconds, but normal is near 0,2 seconds). My wifi card is Intel N 7260 (300Mbps) HMWANWB Dual Band + Bluetooth 4.0
device ID:
USB\VID_8087&PID_07DC&REV_0001
USB\VID_8087&PID_07DC

Even if I enter in the bios (with installed Intel N 7260 wifi card) - its lags. (except v.2.12), but if I but even in 2.12 it lags the same.

The same situation I have with bios v.2.10,
Boot is slow and freezes in windows Sad

With original wifi card Broadcom BCM94313HMG2L (72 Mbps, however it is N-mode supported, thats why I bought Intel 7260 - 300 Mbps) laptop boots and works good like with original bios.

If I remove wifi-card from the laptop it loads good, also like in original bios.
If you can do something or add it on whitelist (in case if its check will be not removing) add please this card. Thanks.

Interesting moment: in device list I have additional devices : broadcom usb2.1 and Microsoft.... BUT really I don't have broadcom devices since I reinstall windows and removed Broadcom wifi card. [attachment=6303]

Thank you very much!
So I decide to remove that from the picture #broadcom usb2.1# for what I had to disassemble my laptop and unplug that one. Funny but it is not "USB" it is 6-pin connector looks not like usb... anyway Broadom device is unplug but situation is the same...

Still need help!
hi,

i got the same issue with my G560.
flashed a mod bios and intel 7260 is accepted now. installed drivers in win7 and all works fine with fast internet.
but it takes ages to boot and win7 is lagging.

how did you sort out your issue ?

thanks

arek
Hi

Same here, any solution can fix this?
Are there any solutions for this problem by now?

I have the same issues with my lenovo. If I replace the atheros based card with the intel 7260ac my notebook hangs and the performance is very bad, even if i want to open the bios menu.
just got a 7260 and it does the same thing. lag in bios, and if it ever boots to windows, aero animations would lag as well.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/57307-...ransitions

check this out, it's what i had. I tried what someone did in the thread:

"
I had the same Problem and found a solution (that worked for me) on youtube:
"for what its worth I found the solution (for me anyways) search "cmd" -> right click + run as administrator type "bcdedit /set useplatformclock true" and press enter. (w/o quotation marks) Restart computer and your problems should be fixed!"

Here ist the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM8_rDTHN7U

After this command it did not come back again..."

and after that windows was totally fine. except still had lag issues in bios and it would take ages to reach windows, if it ever even did. i tried flashing bdmasters's 2.12 with advanced menus "https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-REQUEST-Lenovo-Y570-bios-2-10?page=3" but alas, it still isn't working for me. Tried changing a bunch of different options but haven't been able to find one that works. Let me know if anyone find's anything that works! have you all tried different wifi cards besides the stock 1000 bgn?
This user found a solution :

https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-L...6#pid86066

Regards

Update Notes (attached files for Bios Mod) :

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-...=1#3556710

If You are using the Bios Mod to disable UMA Intel Graphic Card , then follow this guide ...

I had TDR_ and NVID_ crashes (Blue Screens), and attempting to throw my laptop out the window (due to no way to reset BIOS) until I discovered this fix:
(((BIG DISCLAIMER: DO NOT EVEN TRY TO DISABLE INTEL HD Graphics INTGRATED GRAPHICS CARD -
THERE IS THREE WAYS TO DO THIS IN THE BIOS AND EACH WAY WILL GIVE YOU NO DISPLAY OUT OF ANYWHERE, ALL OF THE TIME)))

1) Goto BIOS, Make sure Switchable Graphics is selected and not UMA. (Configuration -> Graphic Device -> Switchable Graphics)

2) Goto Graphics Configuration and you have 4 selections: IGFX, PEG, PCI, AND SG. MAKE SURE YOU SELECTION SG

Okay you might be asking where is this? Well I loaded a custom BIOS.
I can't remember how/why, but I did this SO long ago.
I'm sure if you google Y570 custom bios you can get it.
I think I was trying to OC the GT555M...
Also do not mess with any of the OnBoard Chip settings in the Integrated Graphics part, just leave them factory defaults.

3) I bold this because it's so obvious, so clear as daylight, but NO BODY SEEMS TO POST THIS.....
you must switch the graphics to 'ON' on the front of the laptop..While in Windows 10 (or whatever)..
making sure the light comes on.....then the HDD will start access loading drivers or config's or something......
do not wait and just immediately reboot.
Once you do this, all NVIDIA control panel settings will allow you to select the GT555M, and you can basically tweak
all of windows 10 this way to just use everything (Windows Explorer too!) to the GeForce.

Sorry for the bad typing and rushed text, but I hope this helps!!!
May God or the Force be with you, whichever you believe in!!!

Regards
I'm getting the same problem with the lagging BIOS and slow boot up times (kind of defeats the purpose of me installing an ssd drive). Is it isolated to 7260hmw wireless AC? Has anyone else tried other wifi cards and is still experiencing the same issues? HELP!!!! I'm running 2.06 Bios with removed whitelist and advanced menus.