Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: acer aspire 4736z dead after update bios
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
it's unlucky day for me as i update my acer laptop bios to the latest as mentioned in its website. but suddenly after updating my laptop can not load windows xp. Please advice and help hor to restore to the previous bios.

thanks
Please try to be more specific... It refuses to turn on, or it passes POST and then fails to load the operating system?
thank for reply, well may laptop seems not pass post. when i turn on the computer it shows windows logo and directly to safe mode . if i try to choose one of option, let say safe mode with network than the computer stop at post and back to safe mode again and again.

This happens after i update acer aspire 4736z bios to latest bios on acer website. I tried to acces my laptop using hiren usb and reflash with the old bios. I can change bios version but it does not repair the problem....may be i need the original bios, but unfortunately i can not find it. hope here i find solution....
If it shows the Windows startup options, then the BIOS flash was a success. However, I suppose the flash has restored the BIOS defaults (including the hard disc access mode). If this is the case, I suggest you search the BIOS for an option called ACHI / Enhanced Mode and set it to IDE / Compatible Mode. Please keep in mind that the option name might differ a bit.
Dear Presola,
I could not be very happy today, without your few magic word as you help me SOLVING my problem......I am speechless.......thaaanks you. My problem is solved by U. again thannks a lot.

best regard from abu dhabi