Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [request] Update microcode in HP BIOS for IPIBL-LB Motherboard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Thanks for the info
I flashed the bios from TerminalVoltage (overclock.net) and my IPIBL-LB motherboard is running windows 8.1 64bit with Xeon E5450(3Ghz). Big Grin
Used your custom ROM on my HP Elite Pavilion w/IPIBL-LB motherboard and I'm happily running a Xeon E5450. Thank you!
Singledad, you have inspired me to mod my beautifully aging IPIBL-LB Smile

Can you please link the bios that you had success with?
Never mind, I summoned the courage and did the modification myself. Use AFU WIN to flash this rom:

IPIBL-LB 5.43 with updated microcodes + new microcodes for xenon
http://www.multiupfile.com/f/8b79b7d3
Success... this board can run the xeon x5470 without issue!

Important to note: I had to disable the intel speed step in the bios because it was capping the CPU to 3.07Ghz. When disabled i am now using all 3.33ghz, although I'm not sure how much more power I am drawing.
Hello. I don't know if this is the right place to ask or not. I have an HP A6400F PC. I believe it has an Asus IPIBL-LB board in it. It's socket 775 but currently does not support the QX#### processors. It does support the Q#### processors though. I have an Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme QX9770 CPU that I would like to use. I have the latest BIOS version (5.43). Is it possible to modify the BIOS some how to support this quad core Extreme processor? If anyone could help, I'd owe you greatly! I have no experience modding BIOSes for PCs. I tried updating the microcode to see if that'd help but it didn't.

I've attached to zip files. The sp46442.zip one contains the original download from HP. It includes an exe and that exe can be extracted using a program like 7-zip. The second one contains a modified version that someone on this site modified for another user. It says:

2 Intel RAID ROMs Updated to 10.1.1008
RealTek PXE Updated to 2.45
CPU Frequency Set to User

It was for a different HP computer with the same motherboard though. If the BIOS can be modded to support my CPU, I'd like the second one modded because it's been updated already.

If anyone needs more information, just let me know. I really appreciate any help anyone can provide. Thanks!!

Here's a link to the BIOS: http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-P...69/drivers

Also, when I try turning it on with the QX9770, the PC beeps. 3 short, 1 long, then just repeats. The information on the CPU itself is no longer visible. From doing some research, I believe the CPUID is 10677 or 10676.
I know this thread is quite old so just "grasping at straws" here BUT...

BiosBoss or anyone else who successfully modded or used a modded bios for this board PLEASE RE-UPLOAD the file SOMEWHERE for me???

PLEASE!

"ben543micromod.zip" - all the links are dead.

I'm building a system based on the IPIBL-LB board for a friend who can't afford anything more and have the Xeon 5450 chip in it and, actually, it all runs OK, EXCEPT THE FANS seem like they want to spin right out of the case!!!

PLEASE HELP!

Thank you in advance!
I too would like a copy if anyone has it. Thanks!
Hi

I took the latest bios for the Asus Z7S WS Motherboard, which supports the Xeon X5460 and added them all into the original v5.43 HP BIOS

Here's the download link , flash at your own risk!

https://www.sendspace.com/file/otfb4p

Regards
1234s282
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9