Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [request] Update microcode in HP BIOS for IPIBL-LB Motherboard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I have the same mobo (ipibl-lb) in an HP m9510f.

I also have a xeon 5158 and a 5130 processor.

I need the machine to do two things:

1. support hyper-v
2. support 4 tb drives, raid 1

I have the 5.43 BIOS installed and though I'm pretty computer savvy, this level of hardware tweaking is new to me. I've read through this and other threads and it seems that there are folks out there who just Know How To Do This Stuff. Can you help?

I am trying to save a good client some cash on a backup/tools server (veeam and spiceworks), but if I spend hours tweaking, I might as well just go buy them a server. OS will be 08r2.

Thanks very much.
S'il vous plaît pouvez-vous re-télécharger le fichier car 2 lien est déconnecté grâce
Hello to everyone,
I know this is a 4 years old discussion about microcodes for ipibl-lb mobo.
I have an xeon e5440 and i have the same trouble of the guy that sayd he has the system wich recognize the xeon like if it was a core due duo.
I try to reinstall windows with the xeon pulled in, but i can't start it with xeon, but with the core dual duo i can.
So how can i resolve this?
Becouse the only way seems to be reinstall windows with the xeon pulled in.
(Obvuisly i've done the bios update with the modded file posted here by someone of you).
Try this, in device manager, uninstall CPU then shut down and put in Xeon then boot

Which BIOS are you using, maybe it has incorrect microcode for your CPU, or too old microcode. Intel ME may need updated as well
(12-20-2014, 01:13 PM)biosboss Wrote: [ -> ]Success... this board can run the xeon x5470 without issue!

Important to note: I had to disable the intel speed step in the bios because it was capping the CPU to 3.07Ghz. When disabled i am now using all 3.33ghz, although I'm not sure how much more power I am drawing.

4 years later from your comment, but .... did really X5470 work on this system? i'm trying to get a higher computer (no overclock just base speed) and i though about buying a 3,3 ghz xeon to get the most from my hp.... also joined to a Nvidia Quadro FX which i already have installed + 8gb ram

thans for advise, i already donwloaded bios 5.43 from here with the xeon microcodes
I see this mate hasnt wrote since a lot here, but, ia this already working? I mean ir updated the bios will also i.ex work my q8200 still or only the xeon?
Try sending him PM
i still have not at home the X5470, but i have passed from original bios 5.35 to 5.43 (first stock & later 5.43 modified by mates here), and i've noticed that now the cpu fan is not absolutelly out of control, but with 5.43 the cpu fan sounds quite louder, before this bios there wasn't audible fan only under very stressful usage, now when idle it's easy to hear it .... very dissapointing, as there was info from hp that this bios was launched to correct cpu fan issues and to adjust the cpu temperature curve (i understand now it means .... spin faster than a ferrari)

anybody else noticed about it?

hope that the incoming xeon will run Smile
(12-05-2018, 05:21 PM)enyel Wrote: [ -> ]i still have not at home the X5470, but i have passed from original bios 5.35 to 5.43 (first stock & later 5.43 modified by mates here), and i've noticed that now the cpu fan is not absolutelly out of control, but with 5.43 the cpu fan sounds quite louder, before this bios there wasn't audible fan only under very stressful usage, now when idle it's easy to hear it .... very dissapointing, as there was info from hp that this bios was launched to correct cpu fan issues and to adjust the cpu temperature curve (i understand now it means .... spin faster than a ferrari)

anybody else noticed about it?

hope that the incoming xeon will run Smile

I'm in the same boat with you. I have 5 machines at home, all running X5460 CPUs on IPIBL-LB motherboards. I week ago, I bought another IPIBL-LB machine and a X5470 CPU separately. This is when things get a bit tricky...

All the machines use the 543_ir10.rom firmware with the X5460 CPUs. The CPUs go from 6 to 9.5 multiplier as the load increases, the frequency changes. As the CPUs get loaded the cooling fan gets louder. So far, so good. This firmware has the latest Intel Matrix ROM 10 (Raid 0, 1 and 5).

With the same firmware (543_ir10.rom)  the X5470 CPU runs at a 10x multiplier from the start, regardless of the load, and the fan kicks in at max speed from the get go... Very noisy, quite disturbing and drives up the hydro bill. This tells me that this particular firmware does NOT handle the X5470 CPU properly. Has all the other goodies, though ....

On another hand, I've come across another firmware " BEN5.rom" from "overclocking.net" forum which I loaded immediately. Now the X5470 runs as it should, with 6x multiplier when idling and 10x multiplier when stressed. It's a very cool running processor, the fan hardly speeds up even under 100% load. But, the base for the BEN5.rom firmware is very old, uses Intel Matrix ROM 7.6.61002. In other words this is an ancient firmware with a properly updated micro code for the X5470 CPU.

Ultimately, I'd like to use the 543_ir10.rom with a properly updated microcode for the X5470 CPU, so it won't run at full speed all the time. It should run in "steps" depending on the load like in the other firmware BEN5.rom

I'd like to ask one of the firmware gurus on this forum to look at the 2 firmware files I've uploaded, and see if the proper X5470 CPU microcode from BEN5.rom can be taken and inserted into the 543_ir.rom which has all the goodies already, but NOT the proper microcode.

It would be awesome if someone could do it.

Thanks a million!
I can do that for you antidote, but what you mention sounds more like fan curve/thermal management settings are different between the two BIOS, not sure CPU microcodes.
But, I guess maybe it could all be due to that alone possibly?

Here is mod BIOS - http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...3601043427

Side-note, neither of those BIOS you attached have up to date microcode for X5470 (both have 2008 microcodes, 2012 and 2015 available and suggested).
I've included BIOS also with latest version or 2015 for all 775-771 Xeon/Other CPU (106xx CPUID's) See included images for comparison of microcode changes
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9