Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Gigabyte GAEQ45 Unlock Bios Menu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I have read many different threads about modding Award bioses and have made successful changes to various boards.
Right now, I am trying to change a GA EQ45MS2 rev 2.0 with Award v6.00PG Bios.
Its a dual bios motherboard from Gigabyte with Award bios.
CBROM seems to do his work right and I changed logo and many other things.
But... I cannot have a successful change of bios menus.
Modbin6.04.01 seems to create a correct bios structure after unlocking setup options but whenever I burn it to motherboard, it does not come to live again.
I have a small lab at home with soldering tools and have added a SOP8 ZIF socket to help me get board back to live.
I kept a copy of original bios chip contents and use an external flash recorder to restore bios back to life whenever needed.
But after all effort I cannot change a single setting on bios menu succesfuly.
Would anyone please help me with some steps I could take to change menu options?
We are pretty safe as if something goes wrong I can put former bios back in place in no time.
I just would like to be pointed out to a more sure direction as all attempts I made failed.
My guess is that modbin is currently creating a valid structure but the checksums do not match the other backup bios so system do not boot up (maybe, just a guess).
Another guess is that whenever I mess with DDR2 module bad things happen internally.
Could someone please give me a clue on how to proceed?