Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Fitting BIOS of Akoya P8610 to Akoya P8612
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi to all,

my problem is as follows:

I own a Medion laptop model Akoya P8612. It has a NVIDIA 9100M G chipset (MCP79) and uses hybrid SLI with a GT230M.
Acouple of month ago I believed there was a BIOS update released which I flashed. Unfortunately it was for the previous model Akoya P8610 with a 9600 GS for hybrid SLI. Never the less the machine is still working but not the second graphics adapter of course.
I tried to get the original BIOS in different forums and also contacted the manufacturer because they don't offer the original release for download.
But I did not have success (they wanted me to send the machine and pay about 150 € for servicing).
Now I found out that I can open and modificate the 8610 BIOS file with Phoenix BIOS Editor. I found the secondary graphics adapters BIOS as an optional ROM inside the BIOS. From Techpowerup I got a BIOS for a GT240M (GT230M was not to find) and replaced it with the 9600 GS BIOS but still the card won't work.
I think there are some other points to change but I'm lost where or what to look for as I don't know much about Phoenix BIOS and this tool.

Does anybody have an idea or some know how to share?
Any answer would be highly appreciated

Best regards hanson
Nobody??