Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Intel Dual Core E5200 on Gigabyte GA-945GZM-S2 (rev. 2.1 & 3.x)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi, just today I could try it, and didn't work, shows 1200mhz...

Sad

(02-26-2010, 09:35 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]All Done (or at least I think so) I updated the Microcode to a more recent version that included the E5200 microcode with others. Your bios went from 73K of Microcode to 123K of Microcode.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1525839/Bios/9GZMS21.BIN

Good Luck!
TheWiz
Maybe would be possible a manual setting, if multiplier setting was available at BIOS interface? Shy
OK. When it says 1200mhz were you ever able to even get the CPU to post b4. If not this will help me with a better solution.

TheWiz
cpu post occurs even with some 'overclock' (1600 or 1800 mhz)
but it's missing a multiplier setting on this gigabyte bios (another similar model, G31M-ESLC has it)

thank you again, TheWiz

Smile

(03-08-2010, 12:58 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]OK. When it says 1200mhz were you ever able to even get the CPU to post b4. If not this will help me with a better solution.

TheWiz
OK. that sorta helped,, I need a bit more info though.

When you originally tried to use the proccesor without the modded bios, were you ever able to get it to POST If so, at what speed.

When you are referring to the multiplier option missing, my understanding is the CPU itself needs to have an unlocked multiplier, and if not the BIOS needss to detect the CPU correctly in order to set the right multiplier.

TheWiz
(03-08-2010, 09:30 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]OK. that sorta helped,, I need a bit more info though.

When you originally tried to use the proccesor without the modded bios, were you ever able to get it to POST If so, at what speed.

always at 1200mhz

When you are referring to the multiplier option missing, my understanding is the CPU itself needs to have an unlocked multiplier, and if not the BIOS needss to detect the CPU correctly in order to set the right multiplier.

you got that right Smile but, if E5200 is included in the microcode already, the unlocked multiplier would be another step.

Cheers Smile

TheWiz
Reply?
read again my friend... Wink
Wow, totally missed that. Hopefully I will have a new test version soon.

TheWiz
(04-20-2010, 03:15 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, totally missed that. Hopefully I will have a new test version soon.

TheWiz

Hello!

I have the same processor with the same motherboard (v2.1 revision), and I flashed your microcode updated version, but it isn't works as isn't worked for webright. Do you made a working version since webright written eventually?

I would be very happy, if the processor can work on 2.5GHz instead of 1.2GHz.

Thanks,
Pety
Pages: 1 2 3