Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] Toshiba Satellite P775-S7215 Whitelist Removal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[REQUEST] Toshiba Satellite P775-S7215 (PSBY1U-00D006) White-list Removal
Support link for Toshiba Satellite P775-S7515 (PSBY1U-00D006)

HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh

I would like to request white-list removal for my BIOS, ver. 2.20. I replaced the WIFI/WiMax card because the old one got fried. I eventually found the same part, which were used ones, which is fine. However, they were around the same price point as the 6235. So I opted for the 6235 for $5 more.

After install, the Wi-Fi part of the card works great and Flawless. However, it is as if the BIOS, or system for that matter, in Windows 7 will not even recognize the BT functionality and the BT isn't even listed in Device Manager.

I have updated and installed the latest Driver and software updates to the Intel ProWireless, which was also just updated and released, 5/8, as well.

Latest System ACPI Flash BIOS version 2.20 for Satellite P770/P775 (PSBY1U/PSBY3U), or direct d/l is here BIOS ver 2.20 . I have confirmed that this current version is installed on my system as well.

I went from a
Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N + WiMAX 6150 (Came standard OEM installed when I purchased my Toshiba)
To
Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6235
The latest WiFI updates were included in the latest Intel ProWireless, release.
For reference, the latest BT Updates and driver are here, Direct d/l here.

I have no idea if they are RSA signed or not. Not sure how to find out off hand. 15 years ago, I believe they weren't RSA. If anyone needs more info from me regarding the issue or my systems, I definitely won't have an issue finding it out. Anything I can do to help!

I haven't manually flashed a BIOS since the Early XP days back in 1999-2000 era. So my raw BIOS programming skills are a bit on the rusty side to say the least. So I'm assuming if I follow the instructions to a "T" from this site, that I should be fine

PLEASE HELP!
HuhHuhHuhHuh
Hello kccasey,

I have the EXACT same issue as you do (Finally, I am not alone!).

Here is my system:

Notebook: Sony Vaio VGN-N250E/b
OS: GENUINE Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit Edition SP1

I upgraded my card from the stock wifi card (Intel 3945ABG) to the Intel 6235. I also upgraded the stock antennas with the Tyco Wifi + Bluetooth antennas. I have tried many things for over a year. I have tried everything that you have listed and more. I thought about a potential whitelist problem, but I never really looked into it. I will have to check my own BIOS for restrictions. I have a feeling that this isn't the issue though.

The problem could be either software or hardware. At this point, I have too many conflicting theories... Try using Ubuntu (dual-boot). Install the drivers for this card on Ubuntu and see if the bluetooth works. If it does work, then this is a deep software issue that Intel could have fixed long ago. It it doesn't work, that still leaves us with either a software or hardware problem.

Here is an Intel forums thread with a lot of people with similar issues (The main topic of the thread is sporadic dropouts, but it still has some could be useful). Intel is currently "working on drivers."

I am moving this thread to the "Whitelist" section as you would have far better luck finding someone fit for this task there.