Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Acer Aspire X1700 - Intel VT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everybody. I have an Acer Aspire X1700. In the BIOS the entry for Intel-VT is hidden. It's also disabled by default. The BIOS can be found on Acer's website here.

Is it possible to unlock Intel-VT?
Tthe BIOS you gave me already has it in the BIOS and set to enabled. It's the 5th option under Advanced Chipset Features.

TheWiz
Hi Wiz,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply. There's something not quite right though. I just flashed my firmware again, and re-checked. I still don't have the Intel VT option. All I see is:

Intel EIST
Intel XD Bit
Memory hole remapping
Primary video

I have (or see) no other options. I'm also sure Intel-VT is not enabled by default. Maybe you can tell why this is so? Tia.

MStang

(02-13-2010, 01:07 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Tthe BIOS you gave me already has it in the BIOS and set to enabled. It's the 5th option under Advanced Chipset Features.

TheWiz
Try pressing Ctrl Home , Ctrl F1 Or Ctrl F9 in the BIOS. Soemtimes this key combination is required by certain motherboards to display advanced bios settings

Admin
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried every possible key combination I can think of, but nothing. I think this Intel-VT option is definitely hidden or disabled. Thanks for trying.

(02-14-2010, 06:51 AM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]Try pressing Ctrl Home , Ctrl F1 Or Ctrl F9 in the BIOS. Soemtimes this key combination is required by certain motherboards to display advanced bios settings

Admin
its a stab in the dark , but are you certain that your CPU supports VT? If it doesnt you dont get to see the option , as soon as you insert a CPU that supports VT , the option should magically appear!

Regards
Admin
1234s282 has a good point, as even though you can't see the opton it is set to enabled.

TheWiz
Maybe you could tell us what your CPU is? then we can do some research to see if it supports VT?