Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Asus M2N-E Phenom II support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

wwenigma

Asus M2N-E
Bios ver. 1701
Asus M2N-E 1701 BIOS

May i ask, it's possible to put in a newest Phenom II microcode from another bios?

Thank.
please post the bios containing the correct microcode

also , ive never actually tried things with the microcode but im willing to give it a go Big Grin

wwenigma

(06-21-2009, 05:30 PM)Administrator Wrote: [ -> ]please post the bios containing the correct microcode

Please try extract from this:

ASrock ALiveNF5-VSTA R2.0 or ALiveNF5-VSTA

I see, ASrock update not only microcode. What is AGESA code? (for Phenom 1?)

Thanx!

PS: 1701 m2n-e bios is able to disable TLB, so maybe not need to update AGESA code.
Sorry , No Lukc Im afraid Sad
(06-23-2009, 03:30 AM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry , No Lukc Im afraid Sad

Perhaps you can extract the microcode and AGESA code either from the new beta bios for the Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe:
http://dlsvr04.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/sock...e/2208.zip

It should be way more similiar to the bios for the M2N-E.
Thank you in advance! Would be really great! Heart
Are you sure that the sockets are the same, wattage, etc.

TheWiz
(08-01-2009, 09:47 AM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure that the sockets are the same, wattage, etc.

TheWiz

Yes, both sockets are AM2 - but only the M2N32-SLI recognizes the new Phenom II X4 940BE with the bios version 2008. The M2N32-SLI uses the nForce 590 SLI chipset and the M2N-E uses the nForce 570 Ultra.
Both mainboards work (start) with the new 940 BE but only the M2N32-SLI regonizes it correctly - the M2N-E shows "unknown model" at boot screen.

I'm not sure if the microcode and / or the agesa-code have to be exchanged to recognize the cpu correctly. The agesa-code can be extracted and replaced with the Award Bios Editor - but I dont know if it works that way. Huh
Does it boot to windows. If so, have you checked your cpu-z readouts.
Hi,
I use an AMD Phenom II X4 945 cpu in an Asus M2N-E motherboard with bios v1703. It works fine. In bios settings I have some Phenom-specific menu, but the cpu is "AMD processor model unknown". Can you modify my bios for correct cpu identify?
PS: Sorry, my english is poor.
Seeming as how yours bots OK, I updated your AGESA module, especially because your microcode was up to date perfectly.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1525839/Bios/asusm2n-e.bin

TheWiz
Pages: 1 2