Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Phoenix BIOS unlocking possible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have a Phoenix BIOS in my notebook and have found that a ROM of it seems to manage to open with Phoenix BIOS Editor. Would this make it possible or easy to unlock the BIOS? Also, can a BIOS mod could possibly override TME and allow for overclocking if my motherboard has TME enabled?
Currently , there has eben very little success in phoenix bios unlocking. one of our mods was able to unlock 3 features in a phoenix bios that were not displayed in the setup table , but only by going the long way rounf editing hex etc

We are currently researching this still

sorry

Admin
So even at the point in the screen shot you think there's nothing that could be done? The program allows you to edit and rebuild the BIOS and the version I'm currently running (with SLIC Mod) is open in the screen shot. Would it still be impossible to unlock?

[attachment=325]
Im more than aware of what the program can do Tongue

No , when one of our mods succesfully "Unlocked" a phoenix , he found options that didnt appear in teh Setup Tree when it was opened with PBE. If you look clsoely you will see that every option there in PBE will already be accessible.

When our mod was succesful , PBE displayed an extra few options after the Mod that couldnt be seen before!

We are stil tryingt o replicate what he did and will make it obvious when we achieve this properly

Thanks For Yoru Patience
Admin
Somehow I figured that was the case. Is there a chance I can be linked to a copy of the original phoenix BIOS that did get somewhat unlocked and a copy of same BIOS after it was unlocked? The original thread maybe if there was one.
(02-16-2010, 04:08 PM)PsychoUsagi Wrote: [ -> ]Somehow I figured that was the case. Is there a chance I can be linked to a copy of the original phoenix BIOS that did get somewhat unlocked and a copy of same BIOS after it was unlocked? The original thread maybe if there was one.

sorry , currently restriced to mods and admins only

When we can do it , we will share how

Admin
Ah. I suppose it only makes sense. I wouldn't want to steal your work from you, so I won't press you for it, especially with me being new to the forum. Honestly though, all I really want to do is overclock my FSB which is locked by TME, and this seems to be the only way besides a PLL mod which would theoretically kick my FSB from 266 to 333 and has yet to be successfully executed on my machine as far as I know. Even that aside I wouldn't want to push my RAM that far immediately either, I'm pretty sure that's not a good idea. If I had my way I'd change the multiplier and only overclock the processor but I'm pretty sure those are locked no matter what I do. So to clear things up, you did say it was possible to add new options to Phoenix BIOS via Hex Editing? If so would it then be possible to add the option to OC my FSB by Hex Editing? If not I just suppose I'll have to keep waiting for you guys to get something, because I'm pretty sure I won't be able to count on Gateway to release BIOS that will allow overclocking.
The genius in Phenix unlocking right now is Rjback who is a moderator on the forum. i would attempt to contact him, he would be your best shot.

TheWiz
(02-17-2010, 12:45 AM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]The genius in Phenix unlocking right now is Rjback who is a moderator on the forum. i would attempt to contact him, he would be your best shot.

TheWiz
Is he rbjack, the one I found at mydigitallife forum? I read his posts there & able to unlock Virtualization menu on Acer Aspire 9420 BIOS. Please pass my thank you to him for me. I'm also able to replicate the success on Sony Vaio VGN-SZ460N (BIOS R0112N0). I don't have the sony laptop, just for my exercise. Big Grin

I agree with 1234s282. Phoenix BIOS Editor alone can't unlock hidden menu but useful to unpack the BIOS image & make sure successful rebuild BIOS image. Need to use hex editor to edit ROM file (e.g. to locate where Setup Menu table).

I think how far we can unlock hidden menu is depend to STRINGS0.ROM file. If the strings/text of the menu we want to unlock is exist in the file, it is possible to unlock it.

kizwan
Yeah, the latest PBE is pretty good at extracting all the ROMs out, as I use it for CPU upgrades. I'm guessing the strings rom is similar to EN_CODE.BIN in the award platform.

TheWiz
Pages: 1 2 3