Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: NB505-N500BL toshiba.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hallo i have the last bios for my mini notebook.
I would like someone to unlock hidden options like fsb and speedstep .

Thnks for ur time .
[attachment=6789]
Hello noula,

I took a look at your BIOS and it appears to be easily moddable!

It looks like a BIOS mod was already performed on it, but it was somewhat messy (especially the "Debug" Menu). It turns out that there is an INTEL Menu in your BIOS image, but it is hidden. It contains all of the options in your Advanced Menu and many many more. I am going to unhide the INTEL Menu and cleanup your other menus.

Sorry for the disappointment, but I am not capable of adding FSB, overclocking, and EIST settings yet. I may be able to add these some time in the future, but for now, I cannot.

This will be a somewhat large BIOS mod, so it will take a while, but I should be finished sometime today.

~Steven

It appears that your "Debug Menu" needs debugging... Here is an image of it: [attachment=6791]

I am going to try and find the correct settings that are supposed to go under this menu and put them there. If I cannot, do you want me to remove the menu?

I am going to build a custom "Debug" menu. It will have more options AND display correctly.
Yes if u cannot , remove the menu.
I will wait for the intel menu.
Thnks for ur help.

Sincerelly
Noula

(07-06-2014, 10:41 AM)Sml6397 Wrote: [ -> ]I am going to build a custom "Debug" menu. It will have more options AND display correctly.

Ok then . Thnanks you.
Sincerelly
Noula
Hello noula,

I have two updates:

1.) I have unlocked the INTEL Menu in your BIOS. All I need to do now is add the "CPU Thermal Control Sub-Menu" to the "CPU Control Sub-Menu" under the INTEL Menu and look for any other hidden options that normally go there. Here is a picture of the INTEL Menu: [attachment=6796]

2.) [This information is mostly for reference for other modders who encounter this] I have figured out why the first option of the "Debug" Menu overlaps the second line in the menu (A picture can be found in my previous post). At sometime, the setting's description was inserted into the setting's name (It appears someone/something edited the STRINGS module)... There is a "0Dh" within the setting's current name in the STRINGS module. This causes a linebreak, but the text after the linebreak only takes up part of a line. I am going to replace the overlapped "BIOS Version:" call with a clean "BIOS Version:" call. If I cannot find one, I will fix the STRINGS module.

I am also going to add various PCI/port debugging settings to the new custom built "Debug" Menu. This will take a while, because I will have to reorganize the TEMPLAT module of your BIOS to fit the enlarged menu neatly. Translation: The BIOS mod will take a bit longer, but you will have a lot of extra settings.

I will continue to post updates as I progress. This is the most complex BIOS mod I have ever done, so I want to make sure that it is great.

If you have any questions or you want the order of the menus in your BIOS changed, please ask.

~Steven

MORE UPDATES:

I have just found that your Intel Menu also features a hidden "ACPI Control Sub-Menu". I am going to add this to your Intel Menu. Here is an example of what the sub-menu might look like (this is an excerpt from my R0070J4 BIOS): [attachment=6797]
Hello noula,
I have completed your INTEL Menu. While checking the INTEL Menu, I found the settings shown in this picture (excerpt from my R0070J4 BIOS): [attachment=6798]

These memory cache settings usually go under a menu titled "MCH Workarounds:". Strangely, the menu does not exist in your BIOS. I may be able to replace the contents of the of the "LPC Control Sub-Menu" with the contents of this menu (These settings do not normally go here), but this is somewhat experimental. This would not brick your BIOS, but there is a chance that the settings will not show up, show up strangely, or behave strangely when changed. The settings would most likely work normally though. If you would like me to add these settings to the "LPC Control Sub-Menu" (even though you would probably have no use for them), please let me know. I would place the "PS/2 Mouse" setting (the only option currently under the sub-menu in question) elsewhere.

I am now going to begin work on the "Debug" Menu.

~Steven
BIOS Mod Updates:

----------------------------------------
"Debug" Menu Updates:
I think I know the sub-menus/options that would go under this menu, but I need to know the name of the first setting found in the Root Port #1 menu. The menu would also need to be built from scratch as none of the options are linked. I may release this in a future mod, but for now I am just going to release a mod without the "Debug" Menu mods.
----------------------------------------

I am going to do some more "cleanup" in your Advanced menu as a LOT of the options have now become redundant with the addition of the INTEL Menu. This also means that a lot of space for new BIOS settings will be cleared up. I will look for any more random settings that are not linked in your BIOS that are useful and add them to the Advanced Menu. I will tell you the new locations of the items that were removed from the Advanced Menu.

Your BIOS mod is almost complete.

~Steven
Thnks you. I haved no problem for the lpc menu. If u want put it in the bios.
I am ready to flash it in my laptop Smile
Hello noula,

I have found several TPM settings in your BIOS. TPM stands for "Trusted Platform Module" and allows you to easily encrypt your drive so that it can only be used in your computer. An application that you would use this with is BitLocker Drive Encryption (included in certain editions of Windows). This is useful in the case of computer theft.

The criminal needs your Windows password to enter Windows and modify files. Since they do not have that, they are likely to remove the drive and insert it into another computer and copy your files directly. If the drive is encrypted, then the hard drive can only be accessed in two ways. The first is knowing the drive encryption password. The second is having the integrated (into the motherboard) TPM chip present and settings configured, which automatically enters the password for you ONLY on your specific computer.

I am going to try and find a menu to put these settings under. Right now, all of the settings are linked. All I have to do is find a menu to put them under. I will continue posting my progress. If I cannot find a menu, they will go under the "LCP Control Sub-Menu".

Your BIOS is more complex/advanced than any other new-style Phoenix BIOS I have modded before. I have never seen so many settings available for unlock and in conventional ways!

Other Updates: I have reorganized the Advanced Menu and made it less redundant. I will continue to add new settings that were previously unavailable to take the place of those I removed.

~Steven

Hello noula,

I found the TPM settings and can add them, but I am going to hold off on doing so until I am more familiar with the TPM settings. I want to make sure all of the required settings are there. The TPM items are strange in how they are listed in your BIOS.

I only have a little more work with the Advanced Menu to do and then the modding process is complete. After that, I am going to check my work and write up a BIOS mod documentation of all of the changes I made.
Hello noula,
I have one more question before I finish the mod. How does your "Boot" Menu appear in your BIOS? Does it display correctly? If it does, it should look something along the lines of this: [attachment=6799]

It will also have text under one or both of the categories, "Boot priority order:" & "Excluded from Boot Order:". I was not able to pinpoint the exact names of these categories in your BIOS image. All I can see is that the menu is empty in terms of text (on the right pane of the screen, the descriptions are still visible though). There are spots for you to specify devices, but I cannot tell if they work correctly.
(07-06-2014, 02:48 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello noula,

I have found several TPM settings in your BIOS. TPM stands for "Trusted Platform Module" and allows you to easily encrypt your drive so that it can only be used in your computer. An application that you would use this with is BitLocker Drive Encryption (included in certain editions of Windows). This is useful in the case of computer theft.

The criminal needs your Windows password to enter Windows and modify files. Since they do not have that, they are likely remove the drive and insert it into another computer and copy your files directly. If the drive is encrypted, then the hard drive can only be accessed in two ways. The first is knowing the drive encryption password. The second is having the integrated (into the motherboard) TPM chip present and settings configured, which automatically enters the password for you ONLY on your specific computer.

I am going to try and find a menu to put these settings under. Right now, all of the settings are linked. All I have to do is find a menu to put them under. I will continue posting my progress. If I cannot find a menu, they will go under the "LCP Control Sub-Menu".

Your BIOS is more complex/advanced than any other new-style Phoenix BIOS I have modded before. I have never seen so many settings available for unlock and in conventional ways!

Other Updates: I have reorganized the Advanced Menu and made it less redundant. I will continue to add new settings that were previously unavailable to take the place of those I removed.

~Steven

Hello noula,

I found the TPM settings and can add them, but I am going to hold off on doing so until I am more familiar with the TPM settings. I want to make sure all of the required settings are there. The TPM items are strange in how they are listed in your BIOS.

I only have a little more work with the Advanced Menu to do and then the modding process is complete. After that, I am going to check my work and writeup a BIOS mod documentation of all of the changes I made.

Ok i will wait the realease.
I will use Phoenix WinPhlash v1.7.16.0 to flsh the modded bios.
Sincerelly
Noula

(07-06-2014, 03:48 PM)Sml6397 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello noula,
I have one more question before I finish the mod. How does your "Boot" Menu appear in your BIOS? Does it display correctly? If it does, it should look something along the lines of this:

It will also have text under one or both of the categories, "Boot priority order:" & "Excluded from Boot Order:". I was not able to pinpoint was exactly these categories are named in your BIOS image. All I can see is that the menu is empty in terms of text (on the right pane of the screen, the descriptions are still visible though). There are spots for you to specify devices, but I can't tell if they work correctly.

Give me 2 minutes and i will answer u Smile

ok in boot order i have only three options.
hdd/sdd
fdd
lan

(f5,f6 move the device up or down , shift +1 enable or disable a device)
Pages: 1 2 3