Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Help with toshiba bios mod & whitelist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I'm completely new to bios modding so please bare with me.

I was wondering if it's to possible to mod the bios of my toshiba laptop to get a round a whitelist issue. The bios whitelists a cd bay caddy which holds a hdd instead an optical drive.

I can't find out what brand the motherboard or bios is. All I can find out is that it's a toshiba one.

Laptop specs

Toshiba satelite pro A120
Bios - Toshiba bios 3.40
Motherboard - Toshiba
Bios link - http://support1.toshiba-tro.de/tedd-file...151855.zip

Thanks in advance.
Oh , we have never come across a whitelisted optical drive before , please follow the below steps to obtain the dev VEn and SUBSYS ID's which we require to do the mod

We also need this info from the new caddy.

If you go into device manage , right click the optical drive , go on the Hardware tab and scroll through the options till you get to Hardware ID's , you will see the information that we require

Thanks
Admin
I replyed before but seems to have disapeared so here it is again.

Hardware id for the optucal drive

IDE\CdRomMATSHITA_DVD-RAM_UJ-841S________________1.21____
IDE\MATSHITA_DVD-RAM_UJ-841S________________1.21____
IDE\CdRomMATSHITA_DVD-RAM_UJ-841S________________
MATSHITA_DVD-RAM_UJ-841S________________1.21____
GenCdRom

These ar ethe hardware ID's for the HDD caddy with a HDD inside the caddy. I took these from the HDD in deveice manager

IDE\DiskFUJITSU_MHV2080BH_PL____________________0000002A
IDE\FUJITSU_MHV2080BH_PL____________________0000002A
IDE\DiskFUJITSU_MHV2080BH_PL____________________
FUJITSU_MHV2080BH_PL____________________0000002A
GenDisk

I can only use the caddy like this. Boot with CD drive in. Once in windows swap the CD drive with the HDD caddy. If I try to boot with the HDD caddy in I get a CD rom error and the caddys not recognised under windows.

Thanks
Im honestly not sure what to do here , as it seems the HD caddy doesnt have a hardware , device vendor or subsys ID like wifi cards do!

Admin