Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Acer Aspire 5552-3691 Possible BIOS corruption?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, about 2 months ago my old Aspire broke. I would press the power button and it would light up blue and everything would be spinning up for a second or two and then it would all quit. No screen lights, no HDD activity, and the fan was spinning as if it were on idle or a low demand period. After doing some research I tried doing a BIOS flash (or reset I don't know) where I downloaded the BIOS from the acer website and pulled the (newly renamed to) BIOS.df and FLASHIT.exe onto a formatted flash drive, then pulled out the CMOS battery from my laptop and pushed a screwdriver onto the metal things to short them so the BIOS would reset (I think). I then put the RAM and CMOS battery back into the computer and also plugged in the USB. Then I held Fn+Esc while I plugged in the AC adapter and turned it on to find that the fan spun up louder than before and that everything seemed to kick on except there was no HDD activity light that was lit up. Is there something I am doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.