Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: sony PCG-7182M faulty bios chip
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello
I have a sony vaio PCG-7182M and it stoped working. It has power but it's not posting properly. No signal on screen (internal+external). I've checked ram+ cpu and temps with no success. Also its not problem of the onboard ATI bga cause i reheat it 2 times with no results. I've disoldered the bios soc and put it on a programmer that i have. The bios chip cannot be accessed. no read no write. The programmer works fine. For testing i disoldered 5 other bios chips from spare motherboards (soc 8pin) and i can read and write them fine! so i assume its a faulty chip..?.. I found the bios for the laptop (it was setup.exe so i extracted with U.E and took the rom) and write it to a new bios chip. I soldered it on the motherboard but i have not even power. its 100% dead. Any advice ? for the reprogramming i found the same bios soc (mx 8pin). Is the *.rom that i extracted from the bios setup proper for flashing ? Thank you in advance Smile