Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP DV9000 BIOS flash gone wrong
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I flashed my DV9000 with the latest BIOS. All went well and after completion it said it was successful and to reboot the computer. That's the last Thing I ever saw. Now when you turn it on all the media lights light up but nothing else happens. Black screen, no HD activity and no beeps. The DVD Drive does initialize but I think it does so on it's own.

I've scoured the web looking for info on how to recover the BIOS but I can't find any coherent instructions that don't generate more questions than it answers.

Here's what I know -

1. The only BIOS updates at HP are those that are executed from within Windows. There are no DOS based updates.

2. When I open these updates they contain no .bin files.

3. there are 2 .wph files that are the largest so I assume they are the actual BIOS files but to be honest, I really don't know. There are lots of other files but I have no idea what these are.

4. I have created a HD_TOOLS USB drive and have placed these BIOS files everywhere they can be placed and still I get nothing when I hold down "Win" + "B".

Does anyone know how the BIOS recovery is supposed to work?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Snuffy
im in the same pickle as you are...

so far ive figured you need to unplug the battery and power.
then press the windows + B keys
keep holding the keys and insert the power cable.
after that press the power button... (keep holding the windows + B)
after a while mine starts to beep...

if windows + B doesnt work, try fn+B

hope this is of any help to you...