Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: SLIC 2.1 for Sony Vaio VGN-SZ1XP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have returned with attempt number 3!

Best of luck!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/Sony%20Va...34s282.zip

Admin
Hi Admin,

Close but no cigar! I get the same error message as before "Platform signature not found in the interface"

Ne0dev
Try booting from DOS (Make a bootable DOS USB Disk or CD - See tutorials section) and use phlash16.exe to flash the modded bios

Best of luck!
Admin
Hi Admin,

That is how I have been trying to flash the bios each time you have provided a new version of the file.

I boot to dos from a USB key then run the following command:

PHLASH16.EXE R0083N0.WPH

Not sure what else to try, so any further thoughts appreciated.

Cheers

ne0dev
(05-26-2010, 02:13 PM)ne0dev Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Admin,

That is how I have been trying to flash the bios each time you have provided a new version of the file.

I boot to dos from a USB key then run the following command:

PHLASH16.EXE R0083N0.WPH

Not sure what else to try, so any further thoughts appreciated.

Cheers

ne0dev
do you have flash recovery tool built into the bios setup on your system. or a tool provided by sony to update your bios!?! if so try using any of the modded bios files with the bios flash recovery tool in the setup. My asus laptop has a windows bios update tool but it will only let you flash new versions. not older or same version number roms. so I have to use the flash recovery built into the bios setup. try taht if it's and option and report back your results! Big Grin
Pages: 1 2