Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Medion mim2300 bios unlock
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello guys, I have this laptop and the cpu is kept quite cool. But the gpu is overcooking, any way to solve this i would like to be able to set when the fan will speed up. I would even like the option to set it to maximum.
Hello sencija,

I have looked at your BIOS and it appears that there are a lot of settings hidden including CPU turbo boost/clock settings.

There are some ACPI/thermal settings in your BIOS. Most of them are for the CPU though.
As there is only one fan which is speeding only when cpu is under load ( i early made constant 5volt income to the fan)that would be the needed regulation. If you could open it up that would be awsome Smile.
Hello sencija,

So, there is only one fan and it runs only when the CPU is under load, but it ignores the GPU. Correct?

If this information is correct, then the BIOS mod will allow you to easily fix the issue by keeping the fan on high speed.

Your BIOS mod is almost complete.
Hello, yes Sir. I tried few times to learn the process of moding the Bios because I felt that it could be done, but no one did it.

Yes only 1 fan, which will start only if the CPU is over 53C, and will speed up only if the CPU is under load. Most of the time the CPU is under 60C and GPU over 75C (which is by the way killing it).
Oh boy thank you a lot, I will try it when you are done and report back the same minute Smile.
Hello sencija,

Your modified BIOS image is at the bottom of this post.

The modified BIOS image's name within the archive is "bios_mod.ROM". You may need to rename it to "bios.wph" before flashing it.

The Main Menu was upgraded with a customized version. The Advanced Menu's 'ICH Sata Pata Control Sub-Menu' was replaced by the Turbo Memory setting. The 'ICH Sata Pata Control Sub-Menu' now appears in the Intel Menu. The Intel and "MCH Workarounds:" Menus were added to the BIOS.

Generic Warnings/Disclaimers:
Quote:Please remember to take proper precautions when flashing your BIOS. Even if the image is safe, the flashing process can still fail. Make sure that (if applicable) your notebook is fully charged (100%), the power plug is properly connected, and that the chance of the power going out is as minimal as possible. Do not interrupt the flashing process. If possible, it is a good idea to have a working CRISIS recovery disk when messing with your BIOS. Use the flashing instructions for your particular computer brand. DO NOT DO ANYTHING UNNECESSARY!!!

I take absolutely NO responsibility for ANY damages that may occur to you, your computer, your personal belongings, your neighbor's cat, or any other personnel or equipment as a direct or indirect result/consequence of your, or any one else's, use or misuse of any of the files that are in this archive at the present or at any time in the past or the future. You assume full responsibility for any damages or inconveniences that may occur by choosing to flash, or otherwise use or misuse, this image or any of the other files within this archive.

Have fun! Smile

Please remember to post the results of the BIOS flash. Pictures of the "Main" and "MCH Workarounds:" Menus are especially helpful (the others are not important)!

HASH VERIFICATION (DigitalVolcano's HashTool v1.1):
MDA5: 98e6fca78b091a83a018644d016986d0
SHA-1: d7772663208dc389d527be00932712dbe29f6598
Well its weird, I installed and used it bust the fan doesn't react to the seated temps in the bios.

Seems like I have to do an 5V mod. I will post the pictures tomorow of the installed bios, but sadly seems like it hasn't solved it.
Hello sencija,

Could you upload your dumped CMOS NVRAM Token Table please? I want to check if the settings are actually being saved. Before you do this though, go to your BIOS menus, change the desired settings again, and press "F10" to save them. If this does not work, then proceed with the instructions below.

To dump your NVRAM Token Table, follow the following:

1.) Create a bootable flashdrive or CD with DOS on it.

2.) After that, extract this archive onto the flashdrive. The file inside is the symcmos program.

3.) Boot into your bootable DOS media and run the following command:

Quote:symcmos -v2 -LDefault.txt ; "Default.txt" is an example file name

4.) Upload the file that you created by running the command above. This .txt file is a copy of all of the saved BIOS settings from the CMOS NVRAM. I am going to check if the settings were saved when you changed them.
Hello, I'll post the other part you asked me today. Namely it saves it (as I turn it off the setting are unchanged) but again it only spins when the CPU is over 57C.
I really hoped this would fix it, since else I have to mode it to make it run always 100%.
Here is the included txt.
Hello sencija,

What are the exact names of the settings that you are changing?
Pages: 1 2 3