Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L (Rev 1.X) F10 Gigabyte 2.1 SLIC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Rev 2.0 was already requested, but not 1.x Smile

Bios Link: http://asia.giga-byte.com/FileList/BIOS/motherboard_bios_ga-g31m-es2l_f10.exe

Thanks.
Here you go , i used Gigabyte 2.1 SLIC + Certificate Included:-

1. Copy and paste ******.XRM-MS certificate file into C-Drive.

2. After pasting this file into C-Drive, go to START - ALL PROGRAMS - ACCESSORIES - COMMAND PROMPT. Right click on Command Prompt and RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.

3. When Command Prompt opens, type at the prompt: slmgr.vbs -ilc c:\********.xrm-ms and hit the Enter Button. Wait for the Script Host to answer you with a message that the license was installed successfully....this could take a few minutes and so be patient.

4. After receiving the message that the license was installed successfully, type at the command prompt:

slmgr.vbs -ipk *****-*****-*****-*****-***** (Replace with any OEM SLP Product Key for your installed version of Windows 7 , they are not hard to find).Be Patient and wait for the message to say that the Product Key was sucessfully installed. After it says successfully installed, reboot the computer.

5. When you are back at your desktop, go to START - COMPUTER - right click on Computer and choose PROPERTIES and see if it is activated with an OEM product ID.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/Gigabyte%...34s282.zip

Flash at your own risk!

Please Report Back With Whether It Worked Or Not!

Please Consider A Small Donation As A "Thank You" If You Are Happy With Our Work

Regards
Admin
meh..PSU just died...will test tommorow and report..thanks
(02-27-2010, 08:27 PM)bombaclat Wrote: [ -> ]meh..PSU just died...will test tommorow and report..thanks

Talk about bad timing! Sad

Admin
[censored]..forgot to update..Seems to work fine.

Thanks again!
(02-27-2010, 07:26 PM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]Here you go , i used Gigabyte 2.1 SLIC + Certificate Included:-
Regards
Admin

Greetings from Czech republic,

is it also possible to make a Dell SLIC of this board and BIOS version? I have a dell oem medium.

Many thanks in advance.

Milos BIBA

(08-31-2010, 09:41 AM)mbiba Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-27-2010, 07:26 PM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]Here you go , i used Gigabyte 2.1 SLIC + Certificate Included:-
Regards
Admin

Greetings from Czech republic,

is it also possible to make a Dell SLIC of this board and BIOS version? I have a dell oem medium.

Many thanks in advance.

Milos BIBA

As manufacturer isnt really important theres nothing stopping you installing from your dell disc without a key and then changing the installed certificate (which will be dell) afterwards. The key wont have to be changed because they are not brand specific.

So basically , flash this bios with gigabyte slic , install using dell disc , disc will insert key and dell certificate automatically but follow the instructions i posted above to install the included Gigabyte certificate and it will overwrite the Dell certificate then you will have a fully working Gigabyte 2.1 SLIC - doesnt matter you used the dell disc!

Go into My Computer afterwards and check its activated (NOTE: you might need to reboot)

Regards
Admin
Thank you, I tried this method, installing from another oem medium and than run the steps to use gigabyte SLIC with the key found somewhere :-) and everything works like a charm!

Many thanks

Mbiba

1. Copy and paste ******.XRM-MS certificate file into C-Drive.

2. After pasting this file into C-Drive, go to START - ALL PROGRAMS - ACCESSORIES - COMMAND PROMPT. Right click on Command Prompt and RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.

3. When Command Prompt opens, type at the prompt: slmgr.vbs -ilc c:\********.xrm-ms and hit the Enter Button. Wait for the Script Host to answer you with a message that the license was installed successfully....this could take a few minutes and so be patient.

4. After receiving the message that the license was installed successfully, type at the command prompt:

slmgr.vbs -ipk *****-*****-*****-*****-***** (Replace with any OEM SLP Product Key for your installed version of Windows 7 , they are not hard to find).Be Patient and wait for the message to say that the Product Key was sucessfully installed. After it says successfully installed, reboot the computer.

5. When you are back at your desktop, go to START - COMPUTER - right click on Computer and choose PROPERTIES and see if it is activated with an OEM product ID.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/Gigabyte%...34s282.zip

Flash at your own risk!

Please Report Back With Whether It Worked Or Not!

Please Consider A Small Donation As A "Thank You" If You Are Happy With Our Work

Regards
Admin

Is it possible to re-upload bios for Gigabyte G31M-ES2l revĀ 1.1? Need to install W7 because old hardware is not supported in Windows10. I have only drivers for Windows7.

Thanks.