Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Lenovo Flex 10 Bios help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi,

First off sorry if I get this wrong as I am new to this site but I'm here for help with getting a 64bit efi/bios running on my Lenovo Flex 10.

For a bit of info there are two models of this device, the Lenovo Flex 10 Signature edition and the normal one, both have 64bit CPU's and drivers available, yet the normal version I have only has a 32bit bios/efi, as far as I can tell both models are identical aside from CPU models.

I sent a request to Lenovo and they have provided me with both bios's, yet the 64bit capable bios only comes with a 64bit installer/flashing software, I've tried to make it work with the 32bit installer but It comes up with a generic error upon restart.

If someone could either make the 64bit bios flashable on my laptop or somehow take across the ability to run 64bit stuff from one to the other that would help ALOT of people out there.

I've attached both versions and their text file which states info and changes, my laptops version is v19 and the 64bit one is v52.

Thanks,

Chris
Sorry for the double post, but if it was possible to unlock the option of legacy boot then that might also help, though I'm not 100% sure :/
(08-30-2014, 04:03 PM)ABagOfPotato Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

First off sorry if I get this wrong as I am new to this site but I'm here for help with getting a 64bit efi/bios running on my Lenovo Flex 10.

For a bit of info there are two models of this device, the Lenovo Flex 10 Signature edition and the normal one, both have 64bit CPU's and drivers available, yet the normal version I have only has a 32bit bios/efi, as far as I can tell both models are identical aside from CPU models.

I sent a request to Lenovo and they have provided me with both bios's, yet the 64bit capable bios only comes with a 64bit installer/flashing software, I've tried to make it work with the 32bit installer but It comes up with a generic error upon restart.

If someone could either make the 64bit bios flashable on my laptop or somehow take across the ability to run 64bit stuff from one to the other that would help ALOT of people out there.

I've attached both versions and their text file which states info and changes, my laptops version is v19 and the 64bit one is v52.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi friend,
use this tool, run It as Administrator and upload here the result file :

http://rghost.net/56932575

Use this too :

http://rghost.net/53128665

We have to see your Eeprom Status and get a backup.
Let me know
Regards

P.S. Then I will see the way to rewrite back new Bios Mod !!!
Hi!

Thanks for the fast response Smile, I tried the first app and it said "7-zip: Unsupported method" and the second one said "Can not identify bios" Confused

Sorry if I've done something wrong, this is all new territory for me, I understand programming and hex/assembler but am new to bios's/efi Sad

Thanks for helping though Big Grin
(09-01-2014, 10:23 AM)ABagOfPotato Wrote: [ -> ]Hi!

Thanks for the fast response Smile, I tried the first app and it said "7-zip: Unsupported method" and the second one said "Can not identify bios" Confused

Sorry if I've done something wrong, this is all new territory for me, I understand programming and hex/assembler but am new to bios's/efi Sad

Thanks for helping though Big Grin

Ok friend,
unpack that file .exe using 7Zip and move It under HD C:\ rename as test folder !
Then open a Comand Prompt with rights Administrator and run Go.Bat !!!
You'll get a result file into that folder, so upload It for me !!!
Regards
Hello BD master,

I have the same laptop than you (Lenovo Ideapad Flex 10).
I want this bios update because since I made the update to windows 8.1 i have wake up issue, which seems to be solved in the last BIOS.

I tried the two programs.

The first begin to make the backup but hang and say in french "c'est inattendue" (in english it shall be something like "it's strange").

I have contacted Lenovo but they give me non working links.

Sorry for the bad english...
Hi all,

Yeah I have the same sleep problem with windows 8.1 and have to set the laptop to hibernate, it would all be working if Lenovo gave us the latest version of the bios but unfortunatly I dont think that will happen :/, I even had to make them give us these files.

Thanks for sticking with us still Smile I tried what you said but it did not seem to work, at least I could not find an output file, Ive screenshotted the result.

- Chris
Thank you both of you for truing to find a solution...

I have the same error than you and bin file is 0 bytes.
It seems Lenovo protect the BIOS (for example ours is tagged 32bit).
And i'm afraid to brick the moterboard or kill the windows 8 activation.

It seems they have forgotten that we have 32bits operating system... All updated driver and new bios are for 64 bit version.

I don't understand why they have made different version of BIOS !

Files you have given are on Lenovo website since 28th august...

The V5.2 is a 32bit version of installer and not 64bit as mentionned!
Whatever the website is strange with a lot of link down and misnamed title and date !!!
This is not very professionnal and very helpfull...
if we make a backup with this option:

Find the file platform.ini.
Open that file with a text editor.
Search for the section [BackupROM].
Set the atribute Flag to 1.
Set the atributes FilePath and FileName to empty value.
Save changes.
Proceed to update yor BIOS safely!

To be clear, your platform.ini file must be set like this:
[BackupROM]
Flag=1
FilePath=
FileName=

This configuration establish to make a backup for the current BIOS and new BIOS, and save them to same directory where your platform.ini file is located.

BDmaster shall we proceed? Will it be usefull for you?
True we can use that to make a backup, I think its more a problem of how we would write a new bios though? The 32bit installer works for the proper one so maybe there is hope, thanks to all for trying though Smile
Pages: 1 2 3