Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: A8js BIOS to accept new graphics card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(03-07-2010, 07:39 AM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]Im not fully understanding , so in the end did my mod work?

Because this could open up another area of bios modding for us

Regards
Admin

It worked yes. I flashed with your mod and the computer turned on I branched an external monitor and it worked with nvidia drivers and recognized the Nvidia 9500 etc.

But I was in doubt if the CRT (laptop monitor) was not well branched somehow from my assembly(I had the laptop completely dissassembled). So I tried to reflash with the original BIOS and put the original graphics card gf7700 to see if the CRT would turn on. It was in that process that everything stopped working. And i'm afraid that maybe it was this flashing that didn't go right. But I think it's something else. So I just wanted to rule out a bad flashing ( to the original).
OK. I am very interested in this thread as well. My guess is either you bricked it or fried something. Normally when a computer shuts down like that though, its because of a heating issue, or short circuit. Check for heat, contact pins, and if you ca get the computer to stay on, try creating a bootable BIOS recovery CD.

TheWiz
(03-07-2010, 11:56 AM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]OK. I am very interested in this thread as well. My guess is either you bricked it or fried something. Normally when a computer shuts down like that though, its because of a heating issue, or short circuit. Check for heat, contact pins, and if you ca get the computer to stay on, try creating a bootable BIOS recovery CD.

TheWiz

Short circuit is most probable then. I didnt' see that the power cable was still on and when I removed the gf9500(I know i'm stupid) I had a small short circuit(sparking) between the socket and the card. When I tried to turn it on after 2-3-4 seconds it shuts down.
Yeah that would be my best guess, then again I dont have it in front of me.

TheWiz
(03-07-2010, 01:40 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah that would be my best guess, then again I dont have it in front of me.

TheWiz

Any tips for me?
Is it possible for you to mount all the stuff from inside "xternal"? I mean, then you can see wezher it is working with or without a short-circuit and you can look everywhere for a proper contact/seating...
That would be my way to go on, so this is my tip for you... Anyway good luck!
(03-07-2010, 05:00 PM)MrTangoWhisky Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible for you to mount all the stuff from inside "xternal"? I mean, then you can see wezher it is working with or without a short-circuit and you can look everywhere for a proper contact/seating...

Hmm...I didn't understand. What's xternal? Sorry.
(03-07-2010, 06:20 PM)forevertheuni Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-07-2010, 05:00 PM)MrTangoWhisky Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible for you to mount all the stuff from inside "xternal"? I mean, then you can see wezher it is working with or without a short-circuit and you can look everywhere for a proper contact/seating...

He means can you mount all the insides of your laptop out of the case ie. Put the motherboard on a table in front of you instead of working in the confined of the case.

Admin
(03-07-2010, 07:10 PM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-07-2010, 06:20 PM)forevertheuni Wrote: [ -> ]

He means can you mount all the insides of your laptop out of the case ie. Put the motherboard on a table in front of you instead of working in the confined of the case.

Admin

I can.
I'll give an update next week since I have a kinda of deadline friday Smile

Thanks for all the help
sorry for thinking and writing more german gramatics then it should... Wink
Pages: 1 2 3