Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Bios Unlocked for NAPA-GL8E
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HP Foxconn MCP73M01H1 (Napa)

BIOS Version 5.23

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software10/...p41137.exe

Unlock Storage Controller Mode options

Unlock all BIOS options if possible.

Thanks
No USEFUL options hidden , there were a couple but to be honest its not worth the risk of flashing a modded bios to get them!

Because you mentioned you want Storage Controller options , I took a look at the built in AHCI rom and discovered that you have the Phoenix AHCI Option ROM BIOS Revision: 01.05.60. I actually have the option rom version 01.06.70 if you would like me to try replacing it. However , before i do this please tell me the reasons for wanting to access Storage Controller options , as this ROM replacement may not be the solution!

Regards
Admin
The reason why is by default the BIOS is setup to only use IDE mode instead of AHCI (according to drive utilities it is showing IDE mode). I was hoping to get this working with OSx86 but the storage controller has been a brick wall. Others have had success with 630i chipset motherboards by setting it as AHCI, but hp has disabled this option. This computer cost me $20 and is not my primary computer and is more of something I just toy arround with Wink

Do you think the option ROM may help?
Well if people have had success setting Storage Controller to AHCI and this option isnt hidden , then theres nothing i can do to help im afraid

Regards
Admin
Yes the problem is that the option is hidden in the BIOS menu. Sorry if did no make that clear, I wasnt exactly sure why the option was not there. Is it possible to make it unhidden?

Thank you very much
I actually am gonna bump this, i would like this to please! :-)
Absolutely no HELPFUL choices disguised ., there was clearly a couple nevertheless in all honesty its definitely not worthy of the chance of flashing a modded bios for getting them!
Since you also talked about you desire Storage devices Controller choices, My partner and i required a review of the particular inbuilt AHCI rom and also found that you've the particular Phoenix, az AHCI Solution RANGE OF MOTION BIOS Modification: 01. 05. 60. My partner and i basically have the option rom model 01. summer. seventy if you need us to test updating the idea. Even so, prior to i truly do that you need to say to us the causes pertaining to looking to admittance Storage devices Controller choices, while that RANGE OF MOTION alternative may not be the perfect solution!

Join online jn0-660 and 350-080 - real to pass 300-206 - test king exam in first try. Our best quality www.goucher.edu and Keiser University guide you well for University of Hawaii