Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: MBX-269 [Intel HM76 Chipset]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have worked very closely with this motherboard, and want a public place to document it.

Schematic can be found here. The motherboard is manufactured by Quanta Computer, Inc.

There are main versions of this motherboard. Version (A) relies on the integrated Intel Graphics card, while Version (B) relies on a dedicated Radeon 7650M card (1GB/2GB).
Version (B) has no graphics card switching, which has it's own ramifications. The lack of driver support required means that you can install Radeon drivers from AMD's website, but you suffer battery loss.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notebook Info

Basic Info:
  • Manufacturer- Sony
  • Model- Sve15122cfw (Version A)
    SVE1511cfx (Version B)
  • Compatible Bioses- R0180D5 (Version A)
    R0200E5 (Version B)
  • Chipset- Intel HM76
  • CPU- Socket G2 (Full Ivybridge support, Unconfirmed Sandybridge support)
  • GPU- Intel HD4000 (Version A)
    Mobility Radeon 7650M (1GB/2GB) (Version B)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hardware Support

15.6 inch screen (1366x768)
-LGD039F (Version B can overclock LCD to 89HZ)

Up to 16GB ram (2133mhz DDR3 max, support for DDR3L 1.35v RAM)

TSSTcorp CD/DVDw SN-208BB Drive

Support for single HDD or SSD, no second HDD slot on motherboard.

1x USB 3.0, 3x USB 2.0

Atheros AR9485WB-EG wireless adapter, up to 135mb/s link speed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Software Support

Version A has no modified bios.
Version B does have a modified bios, found here

Version A supports UEFI boot via default bios, Version B lacks UEFI support in both the default bios and the modded bios.

Version A can change UEFI variables via linux, without modifying the bios itself, version B cannot, due to lack of UEFI boot.

Version A comes with Windows 8 OEM installation, Version B comes with Windows 7.

No current bios recovery is available for either motherboard.
Hello Daniel_L. Please forgive me for this mess. but I really need your help. I own a Sony Vaio laptop motherboard SVE1511J1EW IntelHM76 and Bios R0180E5 which has a AMD 7650 1GB graphics card as you wrote. Someone changed i3 2370M processor with I7 3630QM. Laptop is moving well. What I do not understand is why I can not install the driver for video card HD 4000 integrated 3630qm i7 processor? I have a PC and there I5 device manager can see two video cards: Hd 2000 and GT .... If it does not work dedicated video card 7650 (breaks down) what happens? Goes with video card vga adapter? at 1024/768 and I can not use the integrated video card processor? Sorry for my English and thanks in advance for any response or advice.
(12-03-2014, 06:48 AM)adriati999 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Daniel_L. Please forgive me for this mess. but I really need your help. I own a Sony Vaio laptop motherboard SVE1511J1EW IntelHM76 and Bios R0180E5 which has a AMD 7650 1GB graphics card as you wrote. Someone changed i3 2370M processor with I7 3630QM. Laptop is moving well. What I do not understand is why I can not install the driver for video card HD 4000 integrated 3630qm i7 processor? I have a PC and there I5 device manager can see two video cards: Hd 2000 and GT .... If it does not work dedicated video card 7650 (breaks down) what happens? Goes with video card vga adapter? at 1024/768 and I can not use the integrated video card processor? Sorry for my English and thanks in advance for any response or advice.

If you have an AMD 7650 dedicated card, then you will not be able to install the Intel GPU drivers. Sony disabled the iGPU, which has its pros and cons. The good part about it is the lack of special driver support required. Your 7650 shouldn't break down.

Your other laptop must have a form of Nvidia Optimus, which makes both cards visible to windows. Don't worry about the iGPU, it has much worse performance than the 7650.
Thanks for the quick response Daniel. The other is a I5 (not laptop) with Gigabyte motherboard. OK problem now is that after 3 days when I tried to install something that could not install, I managed to install the correct driver can not for AMD 7650 Sad. Although a few days earlier worked perfectly. But I had to uninstall the driver in my attempts to install the Intel HD 4000. now while watching a movie or a video 720p or 1080p on Youtube ... the almost imperceptible streaks appear small horizontal small image stuttering like a Frame s broken .... I tried with driver Sony Europe after site after site AMD and nothing. I think the other day I did something probably went to settings and now i do not remember me. ... If you can guide me or owe a tip ... Sad
(12-04-2014, 02:36 AM)adriati999 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the quick response Daniel. The other is a I5 (not laptop) with Gigabyte motherboard. OK problem now is that after 3 days when I tried to install something that could not install, I managed to install the correct driver can not for AMD 7650 Sad. Although a few days earlier worked perfectly. But I had to uninstall the driver in my attempts to install the Intel HD 4000. now while watching a movie or a video 720p or 1080p on Youtube ... the almost imperceptible streaks appear small horizontal small image stuttering like a Frame s broken .... I tried with driver Sony Europe after site after site AMD and nothing. I think the other day I did something probably went to settings and now i do not remember me. ... If you can guide me or owe a tip ... Sad

Use this tool to uninstall all previous GPU drivers (so you can start fresh), and install this driver for your card. This should help Smile