Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Athlon 64 4000+ mobile on MSI K8T Neo-FIS2R
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
LOL, that is true (thinking of another request) Well I guess its feasible to try, but i still ahve my doubts. Ill see if i can satisfy myself with a "safe" image

TheWiz
Thanks Smile
I'm wondering if we should try another BIOS that uses the same chipset etc.; because the BIOS they made for this is pretty locked up. Thoughts? I know your chip is soldered in, so It would ahve to be a pretty close match.
(06-13-2010, 07:36 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]I'm wondering if we should try another BIOS that uses the same chipset etc.; because the BIOS they made for this is pretty locked up. Thoughts? I know your chip is soldered in, so It would ahve to be a pretty close match.

One thing that ive discovered is that microcodes are not chipset dependent so really it shouldnt make any difference in cpu support!

Admin
Yeah but microcode isn't the issue I dnt think, i think its ACPITBL.BIN, remember this is using the older AGESA 2x wrapper
(06-13-2010, 07:36 PM)TheWiz Wrote: [ -> ]I'm wondering if we should try another BIOS that uses the same chipset etc.; ...

yeah, we already went over that idea on page 2 onward of this thread. There's not anything close enough to use.
well due to a recent update where one of our fantastic members found a board with native Mobile 4000+ support i have extracted the microcode! however this came from an award bios s o i have to now split the microcode to insert into this AMI bios

Will post the mod here tomorrow Smile

Admin
having difficulty getting the thing open!
wow,
this is an old thread. I gave up on this long ago. Don't even have this mobo anymore. Went with a different solution.
But thanks.
Hello,

i just stumbled over this thread because i took a research for upgrading my system.
i still have a MSI-6702 KT8 Neo-FSR with Bios-Version 2.2 and i searched for the best cpu todate. i do not have experience in modding bios-files, but i wanted to ask if there was any progress in getting a newark-cpu to work in the KT8-Neo board because lately there seem to be a chance for getting the bios-mod to work?

Greetings
Bergmon

p.s. I can confirm the support problems with Bios Version 7.1. It seems to use a completly new framework, with different boot-order (e.g. NVRAM check) and also running the memory only at 166MHz instead of 200MHz so i downgraded the version back to 2.2.

I also wondered if the problems with the memory arised by the wrong T-stepping?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6