Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Need to unlock Phoenix BIOS R0083N0 for Sony VAIO VGN-SZ230P
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please help unlock the Phoenix BIOS R0083N0 for Sony VAIO VGN-SZ230P. Here is the download link for this BIOS ...

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/swu-downlo...VGNSZ230PB&upd_id=2249&os_group_id=13

Many thanks in advance!
Hello ACDC,

I will post your modified BIOS image later on today.

~Steven
Hello ACDC,

Your BIOS mod is complete! The modified BIOS image can be found at the bottom of this post.

Mods Performed:
• Added 4 new settings to the Advanced Menu
• There was a "Debug Intel Menu" under the Advanced Menu, but it was hidden by a function. I disabled that function. The sub-menu should now appear.

Generic Warnings/Disclaimers:
Quote:Please remember to take proper precautions when flashing your BIOS. Even if the image is safe, the flashing process can still fail. Make sure that (if applicable) your notebook is fully charged (100%), the power plug is properly connected, and that the chance of the power going out is as minimal as possible. Do not interrupt the flashing process. If possible, it is a good idea to have a working CRISIS recovery disk when messing with your BIOS. Use the flashing instructions for your particular computer brand. DO NOT DO ANYTHING UNNECESSARY!!!

I take absolutely NO responsibility for ANY damages that may occur to you, your computer, your personal belongings, your neighbor's cat, or any other personnel or equipment as a direct or indirect result/consequence of your, or any one else's, use or misuse of any of the files that are in this archive at the present or at any time in the past or the future. You assume full responsibility for any damages or inconveniences that may occur by choosing to flash, or otherwise use or misuse, this image or any of the other files within this archive.

Have fun! Smile

Please remember to post the results of the BIOS flash.

HASH VERIFICATION (DigitalVolcano's HashTool v1.1):
MDA5: 040587a48193e2e34d2a78db604ee236
SHA-1: b50531f1256bbeda634cedcfdcd9f831dc69d0c2
Hello Steven,

Thanks for posting the modified BIOS. I'll try it later today and post the results.

Regards
Hello ACDC,

Any luck?