Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Want to Learn How to add Microcodes to BIOS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Everyone!

Can someone tell me which software is used to add microcodes to BIOS? and also send me the link for tutorial on How to use that software ? I m new to this field. I have used cbrom but cbrom is unable to add microcodes for all BIOS and even cbrom don't recognizes many of the BIOS when entering command "cbrom.exe bios.bin /D" it just hangs.
I m just a beginner and this field is really interesting.
Any Help will be appreciated.

Regards
Bazil
(10-29-2014, 04:14 AM)Bazil Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Everyone!

Can someone tell me which software is used to add microcodes to BIOS? and also send me the link for tutorial on How to use that software ? I m new to this field. I have used cbrom but cbrom is unable to add microcodes for all BIOS and even cbrom don't recognizes many of the BIOS when entering command "cbrom.exe bios.bin /D" it just hangs.
I m just a beginner and this field is really interesting.
Any Help will be appreciated.

Regards
Bazil

Hi friend,
for Insyde Bios go here :

http://donovan6000.blogspot.it/2013/06/i...codes.html

Regards
(10-29-2014, 04:14 AM)Bazil Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone tell me which software is used to add microcodes to BIOS?
Mostly just Hex Workshop. I did have luck with Phoenix Tool 2.58 for a couple of Lenovo mods, but I end up using a hex editor for microcode. Any other tools resulted in bricks.

(10-29-2014, 04:14 AM)Bazil Wrote: [ -> ]"cbrom.exe bios.bin /D" it just hangs.
I've always had the same experience with every version of CBROM.

(10-29-2014, 04:14 AM)Bazil Wrote: [ -> ]also send me the link for tutorial on How to use that software
Although I've looked through countless pages, I can't really remember any useful ones that stood out. I mostly just search around in hex for microcode fragments or CPUID, then look around for checksums. For example, CPUID 1067A would be stored as 7A0601 in hex.