Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Averatec 6240 Bios Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a averatec 6240 Laptop with ami bios. The mb is msi ms10111. I have read that a MSI m630 Megabooks bios can be flashed to the Averatec 6240 so the cooler running Turion CPU can be used. Averatec support site sucks, they are no help. I read about being able to mod bios firmware. Can a averatec bios be modified to accept Turion chip ? This is so I don't have to do a total reinstall of operating system. I have both averatec and Msi flashes. Any way that I can incorporate the two ? Thanks in advance. :-)
(03-14-2010, 11:29 AM)Ccyd Wrote: [ -> ]I have a averatec 6240 Laptop with ami bios. The mb is msi ms10111. I have read that a MSI m630 Megabooks bios can be flashed to the Averatec 6240 so the cooler running Turion CPU can be used. Averatec support site sucks, they are no help. I read about being able to mod bios firmware. Can a averatec bios be modified to accept Turion chip ? This is so I don't have to do a total reinstall of operating system. I have both averatec and Msi flashes. Any way that I can incorporate the two ? Thanks in advance. :-)

Wrong forum I guess.
(03-15-2010, 09:51 PM)Ccyd Wrote: [ -> ]Wrong forum I guess.

Why? Just a question, not a request... Big Grin

I will start researches later that day!

CU
(03-16-2010, 02:24 AM)MrTangoWhisky Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-15-2010, 09:51 PM)Ccyd Wrote: [ -> ]Wrong forum I guess.

Why? Just a question, not a request... Big Grin

I will start researches later that day!

CU

MrTangoWhiskey, Thank you for reply. I am new to forum. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :-)