Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Compaq Presario V6500 Fan Speed Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I've resurrected an old Compaq V6500 and I'm having issues with the thing getting to hot. Apparently it's a known issue with this laptop.

I was wondering if the fan speeds could be set with a modded bios?

I've installed the latest one from HP's support section (F34). I've tried SpeedFan but it doesn't give me an option to set the fan speeds, it only acts as a monitor.

Am I barking up the wrong tree I wonder? I can upload the bios if you need it or give a link to it.

Kind regards

Mac
(11-14-2014, 08:29 AM)Ibastavd Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I've resurrected an old Compaq V6500 and I'm having issues with the thing getting to hot. Apparently it's a known issue with this laptop.

I've installed the latest one from HP's support section (F34). I've tried SpeedFan but it doesn't give me an option to set the fan speeds, it only acts as a monitor.

Am I barking up the wrong tree I wonder? I can upload the bios if you need it or give a link to it.

Kind regards

Mac

Hi friend,
I saw F.33 sp48124 and F.34 sp52477 Bios Mod if They are for your Laptop then I will post here so You could try them !
Let me know
Regards
(11-14-2014, 05:33 PM)BDMaster Wrote: [ -> ]

Kind regards

Mac

Hi friend,
I saw F.33 sp48124 and F.34 sp52477 Bios Mod if They are for your Laptop then I will post here so You could try them !
Let me know
Regards

Yes please!

Kind regards

Mac
(11-17-2014, 08:31 AM)Ibastavd Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-14-2014, 05:33 PM)BDMaster Wrote: [ -> ]

Kind regards

Mac

Hi friend,
Let me know
Regards

Yes please!

Kind regards

Mac

Here there are two Bios Mod files :

1. TTAV134 NWL + Slic 2.1 : http://rghost.net/59116532

2. Hamed Hossam Menu Tabs Unlocked : http://rghost.net/59116596

Let me know
Regards

Donate to sustain me to continue modify Bioses Wink