Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Request] Ideapad U260 removal of wifi card upgrade restriction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I have an Ideapad U260 and I have never run into a Wireless card restriction before because I have never had the need before. After upgrading my old U260's wireless card to a Intel Dual Band AC 7260 for twenty some dollars I got that dreaded message letting me know that Lenovo wants me to buy from them and their buddies only. So here is the link to the Bios that Lenovo has on their support site:
http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products...eapad-u260

I did check with multiple searches to try to make sure this wasn't fixed previously for the Ideapad U260 and I didn't see any listing saying it was done before. I am running Windows 7 64bit if that is needed.

For future reference is there any manufacturer that does not do whitelisting of network hardware? I will consider shifting my company's dollars torward buying from a company like that. I do procurement/deployment for my company at my location and can decide what brand/models we buy. Thank you all for any help you can offer.