Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (20150) CPU support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi,
I have Lenovo g580 notebook with intel b820 1.7Ghz and I wanted to ugrade the cpu becose I've seen models with i3-3110m/i3-3120m/i5-3210m processor, all of them with intel hd4000 graphics. So they exist, I bought i3-3110m cpu (most afordable) but it didnt work, I updated BIOS - same thing.

It won't boot to BIOS, its just blank screen (not black), fan goes on, camera and power led's are on;
-its i3-3110m SR0T4
official bios 5ecn96ww.exe from lenovo site which I have, (extract it and choose the file you need, I'm not sure which one is it)
[Image: G580.png]

Please if it's possible to add it to bios so I can use it in my laptop.

EDIT: Its InsydeH2O bios, if it helps
I never say "sorry for bad englesh, 'cose I think my english is awesome" Big Grin
Ok, so I added microcodes to my bios rom but I cant flash it, it says something like "Firmware image" is wrong, failed. It comes up in dos classifed as Insyde secure problem. USB ms-dos via flashit didnt wor either, maybe I've done something wrong. Can you please help me or at least point me to where I can find out how to do this?

EDIT: So I followed tutorial which pointed that I should change (/force flash) CPU_MICROCODE=0 to =1 and that was the problem. Changed it back to 0 and flashed it so now Im going to try and change cpu, hope it will work and added appropriate microcode. Smile

reEDIT: Ok, so that didn't work. Help?
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (20150) whitelist removal
-Motherboard Manufacturer and Model : Lenovo G580 (20150) (Intel Panther Point HM76)
-Bios Revision : BIOS 5ECN96WW(V9.01)
-Bios Type : Insyde Software
-Bios SLIC : not needed
-Bios Link : http://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobi...cn96ww.exe

BIOS FPT BACKUP - http://rghost.ru/48191475

I'd like to change my CPU on my Lenovo G580 to an Intel Core i7-3610QM (SR0MN) so I need to have the CPU microcode added first Tongue

CPUID: 0306A9h

Thank You!!
Hello there,

I don't exactly know how complex is the process of upgrading cpu,
but I understand that it is a good thing to get modded bios before or after.

I have Lenovo G580 20150 with I3 2348m and I want to replace it with I7 3632qm.
It is on the way.

My bios is 5ecn96ww 9.01
from Insyde H20
here should be my backup - backup rghost
original is online somewhere - original rghost
I think advanced tab will be enough for my use,
wifi and other things are just ok.

I would be delighted, if you would help me with this.
In any case thank you for your time.

Mxky
sixth series chipsets officially no support third-generation processors.....may have undocumented Support QM67....
but it is a very long work ......likely it will only experimentSmile
I am not sure, but I saw this configuration online and local spare parts dealer have good deal for this cpu.
At worst I will return it. So bios is not possible to mod for this case?
where you have seen on the Internet?
I understand that for the second and third generation of server processors is a common chipset...but it's server platform .....
You can experiment with laptop....but you must be patient, have HW-programmer and skills) microcode replacement cost is not)))
(09-02-2015, 04:56 PM)Oleh Wrote: [ -> ]where you have seen on the Internet?
I understand that for the second and third generation of server processors is a common chipset...but it's server platform .....
You can experiment with laptop....but you must be patient, have HW-programmer and skills) microcode replacement cost is not)))

Here for example - http://www.lenovoshop.cz/lenovo-ideapad-...57573.html

Cpu-z on mine ntb is showing HM67, all cpu sites is telling me it is compatible and I saw on different forum one person
who actually uses it.

I am just wondering, if the bios mod is necessary for this.
I'll disappoint .... there are two different G580 Smile
I you do the following
- whitelist removal
- Unblocked AES
- Unblocked advanced menu
- Unblocked AES_MSR_0xE2
- new vbios Intel
Pages: 1 2 3