Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Gateway DX4831 Unlocking Bios For Overclocking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
well i know that this computer is new enough that it came with windows 7 and im not sure what a socketed bios and a soldered bios would look like

not trying to be rude but why does it matter if its soldered on the motherboard? i just want the BIOS to be modded so i can overclock and disable useless stuff
If a BIOS-flash isn't working properly and the BIOS-chip is soldered you brick your mainboard till the BIOS-chip is unsoldered, tested, reflashed and resoldered... So modding your BIOS may be the easiest part in a long row of things to be done for you... Wink
(03-21-2010, 01:33 PM)MrTangoWhisky Wrote: [ -> ]If a BIOS-flash isn't working properly and the BIOS-chip is soldered you brick your mainboard till the BIOS-chip is unsoldered, tested, reflashed and resoldered... So modding your BIOS may be the easiest part in a long row of things to be done for you... Wink

ill check later but ive flashed bios before on my other computers so is it a bigger deal becasue its AMI?

but yeah im hoping u guys can unlokc it soon

BTW sory for being gone i was at my brothers house nad he dosent have internet access
i know it took a while but the Modded BIOS Are Confirmed Working!
THX for your reply!
Pages: 1 2