Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Binary for Lenovo Y560 wanted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi ,I have a bricked Lenovo ideapad Y560 after a bad flash update that went south, no power lights no battery charging, no signs of life.
I tried the wincrisis usb method with every possible key combination with no results so far.
I would like to re-flash the Bios sip flash (MX25L1605A) with my programmer but I need the bin file of a working laptop since the only files that I can find on lenovo site are .wph and I could not extract a working binary out of them.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
(12-04-2014, 04:48 AM)cybervet Wrote: [ -> ]Hi ,I have a bricked Lenovo ideapad Y560 after a bad flash update that went south, no power lights no battery charging, no signs of life.
I tried the wincrisis usb method with every possible key combination with no results so far.
I would like to re-flash the Bios sip flash (MX25L1605A) with my programmer but I need the bin file of a working laptop since the only files that I can find on lenovo site are .wph and I could not extract a working binary out of them.

Hi friend,
upload fr me your Eeprom FULL_DUMP I will check your file and replace a good Region Bios
into It !
Let me know
Regards
(12-04-2014, 10:47 AM)BDMaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-04-2014, 04:48 AM)cybervet Wrote: [ -> ]Hi ,I have a bricked Lenovo ideapad Y560 after a bad flash update that went south, no power lights no battery charging, no signs of life.

Hi friend,
upload fr me your Eeprom FULL_DUMP I will check your file and replace a good Region Bios
into It !
Let me know
Regards

Thanks for the interest, but how can I have a bios dump since the laptop is dead, unless if you mean to read the contents of the flash chip with my EEPROM programmer.
Tassos
The serial flash contrary of the schematic is not the macronix one but a winbond 25Q16BV 2Mb one.
I am still looking for a working binary from a lenovo ideapad Y560.
Thanks
Tassos
(12-08-2014, 10:15 AM)cybervet Wrote: [ -> ]The serial flash contrary of the schematic is not the macronix one but a winbond 25Q16BV 2Mb one.
Thanks
Tassos

Yes I was thinking You get HW SPIPGM and I need your FULL DUMP Firmware to correct It.
"I would like to re-flash the Bios sip flash (MX25L1605A) with my programmer" You wrote !
I will try to replace your Bad Bios with a virgin Bios !
Regards
ok here is the flash dump.... Hope that helps.
Thanks again.
(12-08-2014, 11:45 AM)BDMaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-08-2014, 10:15 AM)cybervet Wrote: [ -> ]The serial flash contrary of the schematic is not the macronix one but a winbond 25Q16BV 2Mb one.
Thanks
Tassos

Yes I was thinking You get HW SPIPGM and I need your FULL DUMP Firmware to correct It.
"I would like to re-flash the Bios sip flash (MX25L1605A) with my programmer" You wrote !
I will try to replace your Bad Bios with a virgin Bios !
Regards
Hi friend,
you Bios is more than bad !!!
I uploaded two files :

1. Bios Backup can use for your Laptop (Clone laptop) : http://rghost.net/59641002

2. Virgin Bios (Blank Data) You can use the same : http://rghost.net/59641020

Let me know
Regards

P.S. if It will work considerate to Donate to me . . . look into my Signature Wink