Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Request] Unlock Toshiba u400 + insert microcodes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, i kindly ask if possible to unlock hidden futures of this laptop Toshiba Satellite u400 and to add latest micro codes for cpu specially if possible the quad core extreme version as qx9300 which i want to make it work by pinmoding the fsb to 1066 to 800, i just need the micro code in the bios in order to boot Smile

Thank you in advance
(12-30-2014, 03:26 PM)nongrata23 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, i kindly ask if possible to unlock hidden futures of this laptop Toshiba Satellite u400 and to add latest micro codes for cpu specially if possible the quad core extreme version as qx9300 which i want to make it work by pinmoding the fsb to 1066 to 800, i just need the micro code in the bios in order to boot Smile

Thank you in advance

Hi friend,
ask to Steven = Sml6397 as It's a Phoenix Bios !
Regards
Hello nongrata23,

Unfortunately, there are not any significant settings available for unlock in this BIOS.

Does your Advanced Menu already contain each of the settings shown in the picture below?

[attachment=7600]

I am going to move this thread to the CPU Support Upgrades forum so that you can get assistance with the microcode update.

~Steven

[This is my 500th post!!!]
Thank you yes it looks the same.

Then the most impottant if possible is the insertion of the microcodes for qx9300

Than you
Though,it is easy to modified cpu code,but your laptop is GM965 chipset,so i think that it should not to support qx9300 on you laptop.
http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/mb-Intel_%28c...press.html

Does it boot screen when you install qx9300 on you machine??
(12-31-2014, 04:47 AM)genius239 Wrote: [ -> ]Though,it is easy to modified cpu code,but your laptop is GM965 chipset,so i think that it should not to support qx9300 on you laptop.
http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/mb-Intel_%28c...press.html

Does it boot screen when you install qx9300 on you machine??

No it does not,

But i read that is possible to pinmod the CPU, to force boot with FSB 800, instead off 1066FSB, which i allready did for my current cpu, the fsb is pin mod locked at 200hz (before with the old cpu was 166mhz)