Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: GT 220 DirectX11 Upgrade?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
its it possible uto upgrade the bios for my graphics card to include DirectX11 support?
as far as im aware , Direct X support is hardware based and therefore cannot be changed via the BIOS

Correct me if im wrong

Regards
Admin
(03-28-2010, 04:34 PM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]as far as im aware , Direct X support is hardware based and therefore cannot be changed via the BIOS

Correct me if im wrong

Regards
Admin

i didnt know that i thought it would be soft\ware becasue it dosent make sense that it would be hardware based but ok thanks anyway
once again please correct me if im wrong but i think DirectX has certain minimum requirements like number of pixel shaders and streams etc. These things are thought of when the card is manufacturerd and are entirely hardware based and therefore cannot be modded.

Admin
Yes, it's hardware dependent and can't be modded.
(03-29-2010, 12:48 PM)presola Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, it's hardware dependent and can't be modded.

that makes sense i didnt think about the requirements but if my directx 10.1 card meets directx 11 reguirements would it also use dx 11?
No, it won't. Graphic chips are designed to comply to a certain DirectX version. If you have a DX11 only app (personally I don't know one) and a DX10.1 card, it won't run, no matter what you try. But that shouldn't be a problem - we haven't seen a GOOD LOOKING DX10 game yet, but most graphic cards support the standard since 2006. Wink
Hello,
My DirectX 11.1 graphics card Sapphire HD 7750 support API 12.

Any comment?