Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Dell OptiPlex 960 SLIC 2.1 Request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(01-18-2015, 11:01 AM)TTchwrth Wrote: [ -> ]I have tried all the tools on this site and I cannot mod the BIOS myself. Please help! I have a SLIC 2.0 BIOS & need 2.1.

Attached is the Dell 960 A18 BIOS link and RW ACPI Report (zipped).

http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER01655045...60-A18.exe

Quick & Easy Instructions:
1. Download & extract UBU somewhere (best not on drive C)
2. Download and extract the latest motherboard BIOS (.BIN, .ROM, .CAP files) into UBU directory
3. Properly rename the BIOS file if the manufacturer advises you to do so (example - Z77ST.CAP for ASUS Z77 Sabertooth)
4. Run UBU.bat "As Administrator"
5. Let it detect your hardware, current BIOS, OROMs, and BIOS file update. If successful, your BIOS will be renamed into BIOS.BIN.
6. Go through options 1, 2, 3 and update all your BIOS OROMs. This tool has been thoroughly updated and is safe.
7. Make sure to use option 0 to save your BIOS in .CAP format for problem-free flashing.
8. Flash the modded .CAP file using Flashback or EZ 2 Flash Utility or a similar utility.
I wish that above steps will help you. If you are facing any issue while implementing these steps check Dell Optiplex 960 Manual  for help.
Pages: 1 2