Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Request for unlocking Packard Bell IPOWER bios
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys. 

I have the IPOWER GX M with the NVIDIA 9800m GTS. I would like to have my mainboard bios unlocked, so i can overclock my system. Currently i can do kind of nothing unless change the bootorder and the time.

My BIOS http://global-download.packardbell.com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_PackardBell_PBG15-D20_A_A.zip?acerid=634025857349387554&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=IPOWER&Step3=IP%20GX%20M&OS=ALL&LC=de&BC=PACKARD%20BELL&SC=EMEA_8P

THX for help
Hello Futt,

Do you see an INTEL Menu in your current BIOS setup utility?
Hi Sml6397,

no there isnt such a menu
Hello Futt,

The menu is supposed to be there, but is being hidden by a special function. I will disable this function and upload the BIOS mod later on today.

~Steven
Thats great. Thx a lot for you help Steven
Hello Futt,

Your BIOS mod is complete! The BIOS archive can be found at the bottom of this post.

I disabled hiding functions on all parent menus (including the hidden INTEL Menu). Additionally, I linked a CPU overclocking setting to the Advanced Menu. This setting will only work if you have an Intel Extreme CPU.

Generic Warnings/Disclaimers: 
Quote:Please remember to take proper precautions when flashing your BIOS. Even if the BIOS image is safe, the flashing process can still fail. Make sure that [if applicable] your notebook is fully charged (100%), that the power adapter is properly connected, and that the chance of a power outage occurring is as minimal as possible. Do not interrupt the flashing process. If possible, it is a good idea to have a working CRISIS recovery disk handy when flashing your BIOS. Use the flashing instructions for your particular computer brand. DO NOT DO ANYTHING UNNECESSARY!!!

I take absolutely NO responsibility for ANY damages that may occur to you, your computer, your personal belongings, your neighbor's cat, or any other personnel or equipment as a direct or indirect result or consequence of your, or any one else's, use or misuse of any of the files that are in this archive at the present or at any time in the past or the future. You assume full responsibility for any damages or inconveniences that may occur by choosing to flash, or otherwise use or misuse, this image or any of the other files within this archive.

Have fun! Smile 

Please remember to post the results of the BIOS flash!

HASH VERIFICATION (DigitalVolcano's HashTool v1.1):
MDA5: 549c8eef0c5a344a80e344bbb19919c6
SHA-1: c758603aa1690116a7b51a8376a5bec787b3f277
HI there im back again. I follwed these instructions to flash the bios:
https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-H...BIOS--7426

but instead of plashing i got a red window opened with this message: File Open failed on c:\BIOS.WPH

did i something wrong?

cheers
Hello Futt,

I named the modified BIOS image "bios_mod.wph". Try renaming the file to "bios.wph" (without the quotes).

~Steven
Hello Steven,

i renamed the file and it worked perfektly. After flashing the bios i got the hidden options.

Thank you very much!!!!! Cheers
You are welcome!
Pages: 1 2