Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Determining BIOS vendor and how to mod it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings,

I was on here a couple of months ago but haven't heard anything. So, I'm trying to mod the BIOS to 3 laptops I have since they have HDD limits. I know there is a place on the forums that covers the HDD limits, BUT they do not cover my type of machine/BIOS.

The first 2 laptops are a Dell Inspiron 2200 and Dell Latitude D600. From what I can tell Dell makes these BIOS. So, how does one go about modding these particular BIOS? I know that the last BIOS version number on the 2200 is A07 and the D600 is A16 if that helps.

3rd machine is real old, but it's a Gateway Solo 9100 with Phoenix BIOS.

Again, I'm new at this and I'd like to learn. I've PMed moderators but haven't heard anything back really. I received one response that pointed me to a blog (donovand6000) that left me with more questions than answers. And yeah, I've emailed that person and never heard anything back either.

It would be great to get a response. I'd really like to learn this. Please let me know if I am missing any details.

Thanks!
    VV5
Ok so Dell has their own BIOS courtesy of the CPUID utility. Now can anyone out there tell me the next step in modding a Dell BIOS? All I see is how to to Phoenix, et. al., but no Dell.