Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] HP G6-1210sd BIOS unlock (Whitelist)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey,

I'd like to put in any WiFi card in my laptop (HP Pavilion G6-1210sd), especially the Intel AC7260 which also does Bluetooth.
However, the BIOS has a WiFi whitelist.
I know the SP6XXXX.exe bios it is currently on is RSA locked, but the SP5XXXX.exe bioses aren't, and I know they are availible for this laptop. The board ID is 166F, but it uses the 166C file. I have screwed it up in the past, but recovered it, so the recovery drive is already made & working. I only need the whitelist removed, although the advanced tab would be nice. Current bios is SP60864, which is locked, earlier SP5XXXX.exe should work.

Thanks.
(01-31-2015, 06:48 PM)JoepVK Wrote: [ -> ]Hey,

I'd like to put in any WiFi card in my laptop (HP Pavilion G6-1210sd), especially the Intel AC7260 which also does Bluetooth.
However, the BIOS has a WiFi whitelist.
I know the SP6XXXX.exe bios it is currently on is RSA locked, but the SP5XXXX.exe bioses aren't, and I know they are availible for this laptop. The board ID is 166F, but it uses the 166C file. I have screwed it up in the past, but recovered it, so the recovery drive is already made & working. I only need the whitelist removed, although the advanced tab would be nice. Current bios is SP60864, which is locked, earlier SP5XXXX.exe should work.

Thanks.

Anyone, please?
I hate tot beg, but please, someone mod my BIOS. I hate my slow WiFi card and nog being able to Hackintosh.
Hi friend,
polst a link or uplaod your sp5xxxx.exe to mod !
Regards
(02-07-2015, 04:03 PM)BDMaster Wrote: [ -> ]Hi friend,
polst a link or uplaod your sp5xxxx.exe to mod !
Regards

Hi,

SP53872 works, it has my board id (166C) in it.
Link: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp53501-54000/sp53872.exe
I just flashed it and it works, just needs some modding!

Thanks.
Try this one :

http://rghost.net/8NHgBkw5w

let me know
Regards
Hey,

It seems to work fine, but my WiFi says: 'Not Connected - There are no connections availible'. The wifi light also stays orange, pressing it doesnt help. I've already removed the battery and held the power button for 30 seconds, no difference. I've also tried swapping the antenna cables. What did I do wrong?
Update: The advanced menu seems tot work fine. WiFi: I just put the old WiFi card back, and it still doesnt work.
Update2: Flashing back the original BIOS fixed WiFi, but readded the whitelist ofcourse.
So: The wifi driver installs fine, but the card remains off, it doesnt show SSIDs. The wifi light remains orange, and toggeling it doesnt work. This is with both the original card and a Dell DW1520. When I reflashed the old BIOS the original card started working again. But that readded the whitelist. Can this be fixed?
Pages: 1 2