Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Dell Vostro 410 Bios Recovery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Attempted a bios update with the latest bios downloaded from dells website, and after running it was given a message that it failed. On my next boot the display is black with no signal to monitor, my fans are full blast, and my power LED is a solid blue. I have been searching online for days and none of the restoration procedures are working. They all require a step that leads to a brick wall. I have seen so many people that had the same issue with the bios update, but haven't seen a resolutions.

It's a Dell Vostro 410. I THINK its a Phoenix, but only from what I have read online, cause phoenix restoration is not working out.

Main issues I am having with restoration:

This system has no PS2 port, and none of my USB ports appear to receive power for any key presses to start restoration. (though i do see a brief flash of the LED on my USB drive when I power on)

The downloaded bios .exe from Dell's website does not work with -writehdrfile or -writeromfile

If I run the .exe it appears to extract the files to a temp folder, but there are no files there to work with.

I have found no way to extract the files from the .exe

ANY additional help would be beyond appreciated. I have been pulling my hair out over this and feel like I am getting nowhere.
Can you try to extract exe package with winrar or 7zip?